Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Bluetooth in general has very limited range.  I'm glad they updated their line and offered the Meater+.  The bluetooth repeater is essential IMHO for their probes to be of much use.  In fact, I think the company  and it customers would have been better served having the repeater in the design from the get go.  Other than delayed deliveries, most of the negative reviews of the original Meater are tied directly to its limited range.

Glad its working okay for you so far.

As you stated the Meater + is just a Bluetooth repeater built into the charging base. They also have a Meater Link option (in their app) which allows you to Bluetooth repeat with any smart device. All you need is an old smart phone or tablet that has working Bluetooth and you have a Meater + repeater without having to upgrade from the original Meater. 

• Like 1

True, but I guess I view that as a bit of a crutch.  It does add flexibility, however.  Still, part of my reasoning for choosing the Block was getting past Bluetooth's limitations, especially with our thick-walled grills..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ckreef said:

All you need is an old smart phone or tablet that has working Bluetooth and you have a Meater + repeater without having to upgrade from the original Meater. 

This is the only way I can use my current single Meater effectively given the limited range.  It means leaving one phone outdoors with the KK I can then see details of the cook anywhere in the house on my other phone.   Not ideal but it works.

14 hours ago, Gnomatic said:

Still, part of my reasoning for choosing the Block was getting past Bluetooth's limitations, especially with our thick-walled grills..

I am looking forward to the Block even though I don't think I will need four probes.  Does anyone know if the Block will allow you to monitor your cook even when you are away from home?  It is so long since I last read the blurb...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tekobo said:

Does anyone know if the Block will allow you to monitor your cook even when you are away from home?  It is so long since I last read the blurb...

While I don't have mine, Others have gotten the Meater Block, and it CAN be connected directly to your home wifi network.  Which enables Meater Cloud.  So with the Meater Block, Dennis should be able to monitor a cook of mine if I send him a link.

I'll be trying these features myself in short order.

Edited by Gnomatic