Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tekobo

Recipes for Chilli Sauces Please!!!

ROFLMAO @ tekobo. :grin: 

The other night I stared dreaming about next year's garden and then I realize it was NOV.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fermentation was done, so it was time to finish up the hot sauces. Strained the mash in a chinois and added rice vinegar, spices and bit of xanthan gum (thickener). Then into the bottles.

1568941328_BottlesofHotSauce2018-1.thumb.jpg.0eb6e9dc53ee79b4ced684c7faf40836.jpg

Will let them sit for a little while longer and see how they came out. The mash wasn't as hot as last years, but maybe my tolerance was up that day?? 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tony b said:

Will let them sit for a little while longer and see how they came out. The mash wasn't as hot as last years, but maybe my tolerance was up that day?? 

A very impressive selection Tony.  I hope they mature nicely through the winter.  

It's funny that tolerance thing.  I find my tastebuds can take more heat over time but my tummy's resistance to attack is a more reliable measure of what I should and should not eat!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tekobo said:

I find my tastebuds can take more heat over time but my tummy's resistance to attack is a more reliable measure of what I should and should not eat!

Same here, except I don't listen to my tummy and eat the super hot stuff anyway, even if I'm going to regret it later! Still on my "bucket list" is the hot fried chicken at Hattie B's in Nashville - gonna go all in on the "Shut the Cluck Up" hot! 

• Haha 2