Scotte

16" KK with Food Pictures please

What a beauty Scotte love the color you must be extremely happy..lets get cooking now lol

I really dont think it matters what side you put down for the deflector i have usually went smooth side up but i havent used the deflector in some time i use tin foil on lower grate for a deflector your going to have to experiment what works best for you

there is brackets that you need to put on the kk that you should have they need to go on before you can put the side tables then the rods on the side tables will slide into the brackets 

hope that helps

Congratulations Scotte!!!

I have only used my deflector stone once.  I found that the drip pan that comes with the cooker or a cookie sheet/ pie pan / foil works just as well and holds any drippings better.  I never figured out what side went up or down.  I spilled ham juice on it and both sides look the same now.   

I agree that buying the 19 tall was a good move (great suggestion by @Stile88.)  I love my 16 but have the 19 TT for larger cooks.  

There was foam tape on my side table brackets.  I tossed them before putting the brackets on.  One of my side tables was not level.  Found that the foam tape was great to help level that table. FYI

Enjoy and have fun!!!!!!!

Jon B.           

Edited by Jon B.
  • Like 2