Pequod

Uh Oh...Could Be Seriously Bad News...

4 hours ago, Pequod said:

I've officially stopped bathing and have warned my family to stay upwind. :eew: Good news is that pork is back on the menu! :snorting::snorting::snorting: 

On balance this sounds like good news.  For you.  I hope your upwind is very windy.  :grin:

Duh.  Maybe I have not thought that one through.

Edited by tekobo

6 hours ago, Pequod said:

Next chapter in the saga. Skin patch testing has revealed that I've developed a severe allergy to a set of chemical ingredients (unpronounceable and not even going to try to spell) found in the vast majority of soaps and shampoos. Even so-called "natural" products contain these ingredients. This seems to be the primary cause for my issues. I've officially stopped bathing and have warned my family to stay upwind. :eew: Good news is that pork is back on the menu! :snorting::snorting::snorting: 

May I suggest a nice swine based shampoo/body wash? :)

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Geo said:

Have you tried "Pure & Gentle" products? No volatile organics, No chemical preservatives, Plant based ingredients. 800-876-9455

Thanks for the tip. No I haven’t, but they don’t show up on my list. The list I’m speaking of is a list that my docs generated using a large database maintained by the American Contact Dermatitis Society (CAMP is the database). They enter my allergen details into that and it spits out a list of known safe products. It even includes prescriptions — I had to stop using one...not safe. It’s very interesting, because there are no 100% safe brands. Even brands like Vanicream and Free & Clear are spotty. I can use their liquid soap and shave cream, but not their shampoo. I can use one cerave cleanser, but not the other. Two types of Lubriderm are safe, but the red top one (which I’ve been using for years) is poison. 

Pure & Gentle looks interesting. They might just not be in the database at all. Unfortunately, they list no ingredients on their website, which doesn’t help me. As my docs say, I can always patch test myself with unknown products, but for now I’m starting with the known safe list until things are under control. Good tip, though. Will keep my eye on it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pequod said:

I had to stop using one...not safe. It’s very interesting, because there are no 100% safe brands. Even brands like Vanicream and Free & Clear are spotty. I can use their liquid soap and shave cream, but not their shampoo. I can use one cerave cleanser, but not the other. Two types of Lubriderm are safe, but the red top one (which I’ve been using for years) is poison. 

Pure & Gentle looks interesting. They might just not be in the database at all. Unfortunately, they list no ingredients on their website, which doesn’t help me. As my docs say, I can always patch test myself with unknown products, but for now I’m starting with the known safe list until things are under control. Good tip, though. Will keep my eye on it.

I wouldnt rely on a a database that says what u can or cant use.you were fine up to now i find that strange and what that tells me is you need to detoxify your body a way to do that is a plant based diet to get back an track and of course use products with ingredients that are very few and you can pronounce and understand what they are 

Our country has been lying to us for years and if you dont think they havent put flouride and nasty stuff in our drinking water there sure is chlorine in it and both are  not healthy for our bodies 

Anyyways point is dont let a doctors database decide whats best for u cause a lot on those lists are toxic for you but most plant based products have worked wonders for people once they detoxifed

https://www.skincareox.com/27-best-organic-body-washes-soap-bars/

Check out that link but do the research

Good luck i hope you get past all this 

• Like 1

That link doesn’t work...or at least safari doesn’t like it.

I actually have been using mostly “natural” products, body washes, etc. One even has a big “Vegan” badge on the front, but not sure whether that means it would make vegans happy or it’s made out of vegans. These are amongst the products that have been killing me. Once I stopped using them, many of my issues went away. But the underlying cause hadn’t been identified.

Facts remain a stubborn thing (and I even live in the shadow of the beltway, where dogma reigns supreme and facts don’t matter). Skin patch tests show pretty clearly where the problems are and why those products were bad for me. And why things I’ve substituted are working. There are a few more changes to make to resolve the rest. 

I agree that government food science and recommendations have been largely wrong for decades, but the ACDS isn’t a government run organization, and even if it were I don’t believe that would inherently invalidate it. Science works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1