Pequod

Uh Oh...Could Be Seriously Bad News...

6 hours ago, alimac23 said:

Ah no that’s definitely not ideal!

What symptoms do you get when you eat pork, is it something you can live with once in a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been going through a series of weird, never before experienced dermatological issues for the last year, with strange, unexplained flair-ups even whilst on medication that is supposed to address such things. Most likely cause is allergies...but to what? I managed to deduce oats as a primary actor on my own. First round of allergy tests confirmed oats, but added crab and pork to the list. Have never previously had issues with any of these. Current course of action is total avoidance until fully cleared up, then will add pork back in to see what happens. The pulled pork pictured above on Saturday resulted in a flair up on Sunday, so that seems to be for real...for now.

5 hours ago, Steve M said:

That is harsh. Maybe it's not all pork and berkshire/kurabota is ok. Keep up hope!

I had 53 good years. Time to pay the man...  Tofu. Chickpeas. Kale. That's my fate.

1 hour ago, tekobo said:

Ooooh.  I did a quick google search @Pequod and t'interweb says that pork allergies are caused by an allergy to cats.  Stay away from cool cats and you'll be fine.  

Hate cats. HATE 'em! And haven't been near any in a looong time.

16 minutes ago, tony b said:

Bad ole puddy tat! 

Yeah!

• Sad 3

:smt007  Hey man, sounds serious if pork avoidance genuinely has to be part of your long term future.  Good luck with trying to rule it out or limit the types of cooking/treatment that most aggravate your allergy.  

I know from previous posts that you are not a fan of cats and couldn't resist teasing when I found that they are associated with pork allergies (according to mr google and uncorroborated by any other method).  :cat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tekobo said:

:smt007  Hey man, sounds serious if pork avoidance genuinely has to be part of your long term future.  Good luck with trying to rule it out or limit the types of cooking/treatment that most aggravate your allergy.  

I know from previous posts that you are not a fan of cats and couldn't resist teasing when I found that they are associated with pork allergies (according to mr google and uncorroborated by any other method).  :cat:

I don't think there's any way I could do away with pork permanently. If I can eliminate the persistent problem which I believe to be due to oats (Instant Pot Oatmeal! Easy and delicious! Heart healthy too...when they aren't trying to KILL YOU), then I can tolerate the occasional pork-induced flair up. :snorting:

• Like 3

No good mate my old man ,was a bricklayer. And he taught me how to lay bricks when I was younger .it was called slave labour lol. But one day my hands started to peel from the cement .went to the doc and he just said your body has had enough. Intersesting your body has reacted with food. I done an allergey test and dust is my downfall and cement

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

On 11/30/2018 at 6:54 AM, Aussie Ora said:

No good mate my old man ,was a bricklayer. And he taught me how to lay bricks when I was younger .it was called slave labour lol. But one day my hands started to peel from the cement .went to the doc and he just said your body has had enough. Intersesting your body has reacted with food. I done an allergey test and dust is my downfall and cement

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

I’m also allergic to grass, but it’s okay because I’m also allergic to yard work.

• Haha 6

Preaching to the choir here, boys. My allergies have kicked into high gear the past 3 days. My nose has been flowing like a waterfall. Nothing in my usual arsenal of medications has done much to stem the flow. Thankfully, I don't have any food allergies - just the usual suspects - dust mites, mold/mildew, tree pollen, ragweed. 

• Sad 3

Next chapter in the saga. Skin patch testing has revealed that I've developed a severe allergy to a set of chemical ingredients (unpronounceable and not even going to try to spell) found in the vast majority of soaps and shampoos. Even so-called "natural" products contain these ingredients. This seems to be the primary cause for my issues. I've officially stopped bathing and have warned my family to stay upwind. :eew: Good news is that pork is back on the menu! :snorting::snorting::snorting: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1