golfingfool

Propane Gas Option issue

Hi all!

I have the propane gas option hooked up to my 22 and I've been using a high pressure turkey regulator to start up the charcoal. The problem is I've gone through about three of them now. They end up leaking at the part where you screw it into the K. I've used gas teflon tape and it works for awhile then eventually the gas coming out is very sparse. Has anyone here had the same problem and what's the solution? Thanks!

• Sad 1

Heylo.. Might be easiest for you just to call.. I'm not clear what's happening here. The connection leaks and this ruins the regulators somehow?
As Tony said, they are usually used to pre-heat grills and not that many sold but I would think I'd have heard something. We do have scores of them in use.
But mine here in Indonesia has a completely different fitting.. Maybe send photos too.. We'll get ya sorted out.

• Like 1

It seems these hoses have a safety cut off feature that prevents them from just blowing gas freely.  This may be damaged by leaving pressure from the adjustable high pressure regulator while storing.. I'd turn off the gas and bleed the pressure while not in use. I can't imagine anything after the end of the hose doing anything upstream so to speak.  Could also be some dirt in the jet causing back pressure issues..