golfpro2301

what cooker is this?

Hey everyone

A buddy from a stock trading group I am in came across this in California. He knows about my KK restore and asked me what it is. Owner is selling it and he said he paid $3k for it 6 yrs ago at California Backyard. Can anyone help me on what brand cooker this is and value of these. He is going to go look at it Thurs and take more pics of work that need to be done.

cooker.jpg

I had one of these, a #7 , blue, just like this one. With all do respect to the manufacturer....it doesn't compare in design or build quality to the Komodo-Kamado, which is why, in part, it is also a lot less expensive. Mine lasted 8 or 9 years in the Salt Lake weather (I should have gotten a cover) before it started spitting off tiles and the top hat piece developed a crack down the middle. I wish I had better things to say- in the early years it worked well and made excellent barbecue. But especially if you are missing parts, as noted earlier, I would walk away from this one. And frankly it can't EVER have been $3,000....no one is so dumb that they can't look up the new retail price.