ckreef

Georgia Special Sausage and Grits w/ Shrimp

Yesterday I was walking through Walmart (Yea I know - LOL) and they had one of those cooking stations setup. I almost never try the food at those stations but there was two old ladies urging me to try some sausage. We hadn't eaten lunch yet and I'll admit I was a bit hungry at the time so I walked away chewing on a piece of sausage they had cooked. 

ssg1.thumb.jpg.71a6e825487c83bc30efad3d166287ef.jpg

Turned out it was pretty good sausage. We were already planning on having shrimp and grits for dinner so why not add some sausage. I cooked the sausage and shrimp  in a wok basket on the 16" KK. Meanwhile Mrs skreef cooked the grits and made a spicy tomato cream sauce. 

Grits with melted Asiago cheese in a pool of the tomato cream sauce with grilled sausage and shrimp. A quick and easy meal that tasted delicious. 

ssg2.thumb.jpg.da9dee567b1b001e95a7afa342aab847.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Great combo mate looks delish. I can't help myself when I see one of those stalls .I will try some

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Those stalls at Publix or Fresh Market usually has pretty decent food. The ones at Walmart are usually junk. Years ago me and my son started eating mussels in Spaghetti due to trying mussels in a tomato sauce we tried at one of the stalls. 

• Like 2

I love mussels, especially done in the classic Belgian style - moules frites (mussels and French fries). Mussels are steamed just until they open in white wine, a ton of garlic, butter and parsley - as simple as it gets, but wonderful! Served with fries and aioli (NOT ketchup - MacKenzie! :evil4:) and lots of good crusty bread to soak up all the wonderful broth. 

• Like 4

Those stalls at Publix or Fresh Market usually has pretty decent food. The ones at Walmart are usually junk. Years ago me and my son started eating mussels in Spaghetti due to trying mussels in a tomato sauce we tried at one of the stalls. 

Our stalls are at our 2 major supermarkets .Mussels in spaghetti with a nice sauce is a great feed .I some times buy New Zealand green mussels in a brine and eat them all before the pasta cooks lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Haha 1