Steve M

A proper home for the kk

2 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Looks like you and your guests will be extra comfy sitting beneath that structure. Built to entertain.  Hey Bruce, I think that's the new outdoor Alexa... you say, play me some smooth jazz Evo and VOILA. :smt035

Funny you mention it-the round grill that looks like a speaker is an echo dot for that purpose. It is connected directly to the whole house audio. It can play amazon music as well as SiriusXM.

167046397_IMG_77302.thumb.jpeg.47234f28c30ee6c0892ed9af47b54b50.jpeg

• Like 1

I was able to finally get the komodo up on the deck. I built a ramp out of 3/4" plywood and some 2x8's. Somehow, me and my daughter were able to get the wheels over the lip and then it was a fairly easy roll up the ramp.

IMG_4790.thumb.JPG.1016d95416bd65b68df2db8c135acce1.JPG

Here it is rolled into place. The stone work is nearly finished. My contractor got to a bit of tricky area where the width of the cement board was pretty thin and wasn't sure how to proceed. I think we have a plan and he should finish next week.

IMG_7598.thumb.JPG.89d2175b5ac1857ebb92f62b2f284713.JPG

IMG_0270.thumb.JPG.27f9d03bf1d5ded076ceefad966e8c71.JPG

IMG_4800.thumb.JPG.61fd800b85cee47aa8283f37ef56a1ac.JPG

After that, the only thing left is the backsplash and trim around the barstool side of the bar. I'm using ipe which is really good for outdoor use. I decided to have some fun with it and here is a small piece and beginning of an inlay that I did this morning. Bonus points if you can tell what it is.

IMG_4947.thumb.JPG.10f070afbd83c7ba9fa7e45bdc2caf7b.JPG

• Like 3

Is it Nellie in Loch Ness, or an elephant, or maybe Austrailia by a bad artistist. Jack the Ripper left handed  with no fingers. Buddah?  It's blue, correct?  I will study this after my next brewski, obviously it's a lake on board. 

Edited by Tyrus
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tyrus said:

Is it Nellie in Loch Ness, or an elephant, or maybe Austrailia by a bad artistist. Jack the Ripper left handed  with no fingers. Buddah?  It's blue, correct?  I will study this after my next brewski, obviously it's a lake on board. 

nope, nope, nope, nope, nope  but it is blue. so far.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.