TomRaz

Newbie Pizza Questions

I have a 23 KK and the KK pizza stone, I am going attempt to cook some pizza today and thought I would ask for a few pointers

I know to remove the heat deflector and only have the pizza stone near the top of the KK

I am planning on heating the 23 KK for at least one hour at 500-600 degrees checking it with an IR therm

I have the store bought dough rising at the moment, do I need to heat the store bought dough in the oven for a few minutes in the oven to just cook the dough a small amount before making the pizzas and putting them on the KK ?

What temp and how long do you suggest for cooking a 14 in inch thin to medium crust pizza directly on the pizza stone ?

Thanks,

I have a 23 KK and the KK pizza stone, I am going attempt to cook some pizza today and thought I would ask for a few pointers
I know to remove the heat deflector and only have the pizza stone near the top of the KK
I am planning on heating the 23 KK for at least one hour at 500-600 degrees checking it with an IR therm
I have the store bought dough rising at the moment, do I need to heat the store bought dough in the oven for a few minutes in the oven to just cook the dough a small amount before making the pizzas and putting them on the KK ?
What temp and how long do you suggest for cooking a 14 in inch thin to medium crust pizza directly on the pizza stone ?

Thanks,
I would just shape the dough and then dress it. From go directly onto the KK pizza stone. Temp 500 to 550 F. It should be a very tasty pizza. You might want to turn it after about 7 mins. Do it quickly, no need to fully open the lid. This should give you a good idea how much longer you need to bake it.
  • Like 1

The only time that I parbake a pizza crust is if I'm going to put a lot of wet toppings on it so the crust doesn't get soggy. I just put it on the stone for a few minutes until the bottom just starts to brown, then remove it, flip it over and add the sauce and other ingredients, cheese to the parbaked side and finish baking on the stone until the top crust gets brown and the cheese is all melty goodness.

Edited by tony b
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1