EGGARY

Cooking at 250 compared to 350+

I didn't know how to title t his Topic but I think it fits.   Example:  When cooking at chicken at 250 to reach an internal temp in the breast of 157, once the chicken reaches 157 the chicken is taken off and the temperature will go up, 5 -10% .  Now, if a chicken is cooked at a higher temperature and it reaches 250 and taken off, will the chicken cook to a higher temperature because it was cooked at a higher temperature ?   I would think cooked at a lower temperature the temperature of the chicken won't go as high compared to the being cooked at a higher temperature.

Same can be said for any other Protein.

Thanks.

• Confused 1

Carry over cooking is usually more pronounced when cooking at higher temps. Low-n-slow cooking yields very little carry over cooking. Hopefully that was the information you were looking for. 

As for chicken if you want crispy skin 400* every time. 250* won't get you crispy skin but it will give you a more pronounced smoke profile. 

• Like 2