ckreef

Konro Sized Skewers

Yesterday me and Mrs skreef went to Fireside Outdoor Kitchens in Augusta GA (a most excellent BBQ accessory store). While there I spied up some skewers that looked to be the right size for my Konro grill. A quick call home to get my son to measure my current skewers and up on the checkout counter they went. 

On the left is my current Todd English custom cut skewers with a single 1/4 turn clamp installed. To the right is the new Weber skewers. The 1/4 turn clamp fits perfectly. They are a touch longer than the Todd English skewers but still a very acceptable length. In the middle is two more 1/4 turn clamps. I'll order me another set of the Weber skewers so I have a complete 12 skewer set. 

ws1.thumb.jpg.c9b50c33dc13eee0df5dcf1a5226d5e5.jpg

ws2.thumb.jpg.5ede2f3c3a1312a6600c513f4f0391ce.jpg

10 skewers loaded loaded up with chicken. Note the different color sweet peppers loaded at the front and back. That serves 2 purposes. 1, keeps the chicken off the walls of the Konro and 2, color codes what type of marinade is on each skewer. Orange pepper skewers is the butcher shops house teriyaki marinade. Yellow pepper skewers are a mystery Japanese marinade. Why a mystery marinade you ask? Because I can't read Japanese so I don't know exactly what was in that pouch from my refrigerator. Tasted pretty good so I went for it. 

ws3.thumb.jpg.f7f10398886e2b2bb9e4df37c8d8862a.jpg

Here they are sizzling away. Skewers stick over just enough so I can turn and move them around without a hot mitt. 

ws4.thumb.jpg.4e32f67051fff47f8ef1c221efc6aa8f.jpg

• Like 8