Pequod

Gia Smacks Virginia

Gia is doing her thing to stoke the chaos here in the DC region, because we definitely don't have enough chaos here.

The boys are hunkering down, waiting for their moment to shine.

IMG_20190113_100114.thumb.jpg.535c43859f4c825fedd98abdc009cc7c.jpg

That's the driveway we just finished shoveling. Already covered with a bit more.

IMG_20190113_120645.thumb.jpg.927b3ae0c8b4b32f2576980425baa62b.jpg

Realize this is nothing compared with what many of you endure, but it doesn’t take much to paralyze the DC region.

Edited by Pequod
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tony b said:

No excuse not to be grilling! I got 5" from Gia yesterday and I'm going to grill some chicken tonight for dinner. 

That's 'cause you're in Iowa, where you scoff at snow. Here in DC it's snowmageddon! We panic easily, shut down schools, and hoard toilet paper if snow is forecast anywhere within 500 miles of here. To actually get snow...that's end of the world type of stuff!

• Haha 1

Post-Gia cook. Tonight it was grilled chicken. Simple, straight up - both pieces were injected with citrus-garlic seasoning stix; leg quarter was Yardbird, the breast started out simply with S&P, then got sauced at the end with a homemade work-up of a commercial sauce that I thought needed "help." The Help was my homemade red hot sauce, some roasted garlic powder, and a generous dash of chili powder (heavy on the cumin.)

1892168729_GiaBlizzardChicken002.thumb.jpg.9384e58719bce7ad26aeb9ccfdf69b0e.jpg

Plated with curry rice and steamed broccoli with a side salad. Dressing was a re-purposed sauce from a previous dinner made with grilled shishito peppers - added some Duke's mayo (the one & only!) to make salad dressing and viola! 

185963591_GiaBlizzardChicken005.thumb.jpg.4888f71745df888987ff606b0deb2adc.jpg

• Like 5