Steve M

A Spirit-ed Discussion

10 minutes ago, jonj said:

I have a couple of Star Wars "Death Star" ice cube molds from my brother...

Awesome. I think Darth Vader would definitely be a bourbon drinker except when vacationing in the more tropical parts of the universe of course.

I have a Moai tiki head and bulldog molds. Only brought out for special occasions.  :)

• Haha 1

So surprised that these have't been mentioned, stainless spheres. I found them sitting in the "what to do room", a gift from my daughter some years back. Much more impressive than those plastic pieces that might leak into your drink. Quite hefty little things, could be used for shot gun load and please be careful of the dental work. I think they would do well in an amber colored liquid. The Town Branch bourbon was a find at the local packy. Modestly priced for a very smooth and full tasting bourbon without the bite. I tried it on my brother whom prefers the more expensive brands and this has become a favorite. One bourbon to serve to your guest with confidence so you can hoard the good stuff for yourself

DSCF2221.JPG

DSCF2222.JPG

DSCF2223.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrus said:

So surprised that these have't been mentioned, stainless spheres. I found them sitting in the "what to do room", a gift from my daughter some years back. Much more impressive than those plastic pieces that might leak into your drink. Quite hefty little things, could be used for shot gun load and please be careful of the dental work. I think they would do well in an amber colored liquid. The Town Branch bourbon was a find at the local packy. Modestly priced for a very smooth and full tasting bourbon without the bite. I tried it on my brother whom prefers the more expensive brands and this has become a favorite. One bourbon to serve to your guest with confidence so you can hoard the good stuff for yourself

DSCF2223.JPG

I have seen those but have never tried them. Also good to support the local distillers. Most of them truly desire to make something special.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Well let’s see what the ice cubes look like

Ok Bruce, I wasn't planning on drinking anything tonight but since you asked (and my basketball team is getting thrashed) I dug one of the bulldog ice cubes out of the freezer. I think it sounds better than it looks.

Some Bookers for an old fashioned:

690947465_2019-01-15211849_504.thumb.JPG.1b67209c76564d2d5e7557ddc0b1dc0e.JPG

....and the ice cube; paws up

IMG_6263.thumb.JPG.59b289ebe1620c44c7e53997df3f6c80.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2019 at 9:32 AM, Bruce Pearson said:

Well let’s see what the ice cubes look like

Well, it's still a bit early here for me to drink whisky (or whiskey, either). Now wine, that's another matter entirely...

Anyway, here is the Death Star, planet destroyer disc facing upper left.

IMG_3339.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1