Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Steve M

A Spirit-ed Discussion

Recommended Posts

I would like to post a photograph of a drink but whenever a nice drink is put in front of me I am so focussed on drinking it that I don't remember to take a photo.  Does that mean I have a drink problem?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, tekobo said:

I would like to post a photograph of a drink but whenever a nice drink is put in front of me I am so focussed on drinking it that I don't remember to take a photo.  Does that mean I have a drink problem?

No, it means you have a photography problem. :drinkers::wynar:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In college as a bartender I remember the word muddle when making an Old fashion.  Did you muddle yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyrus said:

In college as a bartender I remember the word muddle when making an Old fashion.  Did you muddle yours?

I do, I use simple syrup instead of a sugar cube but still gently muddle the maraschino cherry, orange peel and bitters. I turned the muddler out of a scrap of walnut last year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 7:27 PM, Steve M said:

 I turned the muddler out of a scrap of walnut last year.

That must be a very nice muddler. I love walnut. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

That must be a very nice muddler. I love walnut. :) 

This tasted like I was drinking an ice cream sundae. vanilla, chocolate, cherry, and walnuts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very nice - all in all. I enjoy bourbon straight or in an old-fashioned.

My go to is Widow Jane, small batch.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've grown partial to Boulevardiers - think Negroni, but with Rye whiskey instead of the gin. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve here's the advantage to winter, you can make ice cubes by the wheel barrel and if you like your drink neat but a little chilled this may help

DSCF2236.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Steve here's the advantage to winter, you can make ice cubes by the wheel barrel and if you like your drink neat but a little chilled this may help

DSCF2236.JPG

You're thinking way ahead. I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×