BalconySmoken

My first pizza

It was movie night last night with girls and we normally get delivery which is normally pizza - screw that now I have the ability to make them better at home I say!

so this is my first attempt. I took some digging around on how to set things up as there was tidbits everywhere. Here is my summary for future learners like me - chime in anybody who thinks there is a better way or if i cocked something up 

• basket was pretty much full with extruded coconut lump (from Dennis) - lit it in a couple of spots with my soldering torch
  • no deflector
  • top rack with the steak seerer on Top. Not I used it with the high arms so it was as as high as it could go
  • pizza stone on top of that
  • Closed the lid
  • bottom vent open all up, TOP vent open 3 turns
  • when I hit 450 I changed the top vent two turns
  • at 500 I changed the top to 1.5 turns
  • then I fine tuned the bottom and TOP a little more to settle around 550~600. I was impatient! From memory the to-mvent was about 1.25 turns and the bottom big vent was aboun 3/4 open
  • pizza base was home made using a normal recipe: I read somewhere that you neeeded to use less water in Singapore but I didn’t do that, if anything I accidentally put a but too much in I was not really being very accurate. So the different dough for Singapore is a load of BS in my opinion (I baked a lot at home before moving here - I did not see any difference in gluten when holding it up to the light and it certainly cooked and rolled out well)
  • i prepared the pizza on one of those fibre glass anti stick mats you can get 
  • transferred to a floured pizza peel
  • cooked for around 7-10 minutes
  • let it cool for about 3 minutes before slicing

i think that’s it. My Daughter who is 8 is a fussy eater and doesn’t generally eat very much. This is her pizza below which she almost completed and then complained that she had no room for the last slice but wanted to eat it: winner on this one. Jazzy my dog thoroughly enjoyed the fact Maeve didn’t eat all her pizza...

i only have photos of her pizza and a dark photo of the last one (forgot to check the photo and didn’t realise there was no flash) : I got distracted eating!

Freezer is still full of meat!

A5DD8620-C4A2-419F-8481-D1C11FA3A468.jpeg

3117346D-1733-4023-96C4-CBAA3882A386.jpeg

6F6F017F-22BA-45FC-B31C-66F3328ABFE8.jpeg

Edited by BalconySmoken
  • Like 13

6 minutes ago, Tyrus said:

the  leftovers are doggie dessert.

What are you talking about - that's breakfast of champions. 

If it was only good enough for doggie dessert you should have filed it in the circular file to begin with. Just sayin........ Not commenting on this cook. 

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 2

If it was only good enough for doggie dessert you should have filed it in the circular file to begin with. 

I agree - nothings starts a day better than a pizza, well maybe a steak tops it but not by much. I made an extra pizza just to Ensure I had a full one the next day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

In my house the dogs are family and if there's a slice left, a piece a brisket [ within  reason ] or any munchable keeper it's going their way. You know they are always on patrol, a lethal weapon...I rest my case. They like pizza too, and extend added coverage once the aroma enters the house.

• Like 1

In my house the dogs are family and if there's a slice left, a piece a brisket [ within  reason ] or any munchable keeper it's going their way. You know they are always on patrol, a lethal weapon...I rest my case. They like pizza too, and extend added coverage once the aroma enters the house.

I agree with this too - jazzy gets the leftovers Maeve won’t eat. Although I wouldn’t call jazzy a lethal weapon - maybe a distraction for the burglar as she rolls over looking for a belly rub from her new Friend. I have to cut back on the leftovers now though - she expects them now is getting pretty annoying at dinner time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

If it was only good enough for doggie dessert you should have filed it in the circular file to begin with. Just sayin........ Not commenting on this cook. 

No intention to harm,  you know all dogs go to heaven via a pizza test, yep read it in the Gospel chapter 156 section 12 .  God bless

• Like 1
  • Haha 2