Eddie mac

First rotisserie chicken on BB32

6 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:
17 minutes ago, Eddie mac said:
First time doing rotisserie chicken second time using the rotisserie wish me luck.

It might help if you put the rotisserie together and make sure it all fits and rotates before lighting the fire.

Yeah did all that 2 4.5 lb birds

802B5C54-AA74-4B4A-AF34-B18A4ABE14FB.jpeg

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Eddie mac said:

Real happy with results  we just had dinner omg  I have smoked 100s of pounds of chicken for my bbq business but this was amazing. 1 thing cleaning the rotisserie forks was a pain in the —-. Maybe cradle would be better.

Speaking from direct experience, the forks are much easier to clean than the cradle. PBW takes care of both, but you need a large sink to soak the cradle.

PBW = Powdered Brewers Wash. It's for cleaning beermaking equipment, but works on lots of other stuff, too - especially hard to clean rotisserie parts and grill grates. It's a tad expensive, but you only need a TB per gallon of hot water. While the rotisserie basket sticks out of a 5 gal bucket, it's easy just to flip it over after a couple of hours and soak the other end. And as Peqoud noted, it's magic! Just wipe down with a sponge or paper towel and rinse. No scrubbing at all. 

If you can't get it where you live, or want to save some $$, as PBW is a bit pricey, you can mix up your own approximation:

Percentages are by weight.

75% Oxyclean
25% Red Devil TSP/90 (TSP=trisodium phosphate)

• Thanks 2