BalconySmoken

I just ate a Sh#t burger

I just completed a meal that I now need to pretend I enjoyed thoroughly; we have all been there I am sure. The KK has its limits: I have discovered this tonight (I didn’t expect it to perform anything here;this is all my fault and I should have predicted this). The expression sh#t burger must have come from a similar origin.

you can cook or you can’t; my Wife falls into the second category but likes to try. I got caught off guard this morning when she offered to make burgers and I would grill them for her: I think I was suffering heat exhaustion or something as this is one of her “special” recipes I try to avoid like a handgrenade dipped in aids.

anyway: I thought I would share:

recipe: who knows what the hell she put in Aside from really expensive ground beef and pork.i am pretty sure there was some flour or some crap, they looked like chicken before they went on the grill.

the buns were hand crafted by her in the oven: I have no photos of these as they turned out like soggy cardboard (I am not sure how that is even possible).

the worst thing about all of this is that she made enough I have to grill tomorrow again. 

Don’t fall into this trap: I am in a lose lose situation but it is a good reminder to keep her out of the kitchen and away from my grill. 

the beers were bloody awesome though 

19259A46-ECD0-4997-8608-2F3512A3A94F.jpeg

6D8E09CD-5138-4151-9D8A-1AF7CF52B023.jpeg

539EA71A-6841-47A7-8374-2515AE3DCA17.jpeg

D4741430-7DBD-45BB-8102-2EBDF16FB77D.jpeg

D657D046-F682-4648-8D30-78302F1CF323.jpeg

F76BD884-3688-4134-85A9-EA3344A3BBD6.jpeg

Edited by BalconySmoken
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

My wife is in the “make your burgers with lots of mix-ins and overhandle the meat” camp as well. Mostly inspired by Food Network recipes from decades past. She enjoys it. We roll with it. For me, the perfect burger is the one I grind myself from a mix of beef cuts (or just chuck), then gently handled. 

• Like 3

My wife is in the “make your burgers with lots of mix-ins and overhandle the meat” camp as well. Mostly inspired by Food Network recipes from decades past. She enjoys it. We roll with it. For me, the perfect burger is the one I grind myself from a mix of beef cuts (or just chuck), then gently handled. 

I agree - chuck is good, shoulder is my favourite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring the temp up on the KK and put the hamburgers on and leave them there, take a walk. When you return they'll be toast....apologize and say honey I messed up, make up for it by running to the store and grabbing a couple of steaks. You could also bring them out onto the balconey and drop them over, sorry honey. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BalconySmoken said:

the worst thing about all of this is that she made enough I have to grill tomorrow again. 

This made me laugh.  A lot. 

6 hours ago, BalconySmoken said:

19259A46-ECD0-4997-8608-2F3512A3A94F.jpeg

And this made me smile.  Beautiful KK, great colour. Glad you moved up a size.  

Simple as mate just time your beer .low n slow lasts forever

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

True - but I am taking a more ruthless approach and banning her from
Bbq prep. The ribs were enough to get that across the line. Nail in The Coffin will be when I do cake-tin burgers in a week or two (that will make sense when i do them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2