DennisLinkletter

CoConut Shell Charcoal - Light in the tunnel...

In May it will be two years since I've shipped any charcoal. We've been working to get an exemption to no avail.

We have found a very large shisha charcoal producer who has found a way to get their charcoal into the US.. Not really a direct route but ends up in Long Beach all the same.  I've made a handshake deal that he will ship my CoCo char if I'll market his bit lower quality but also less expensive CoCo char.. So unless something goes south in the next week.. I'll have charcoal on the water SOON..  His charcoal is actually very clean but a little higher ash content - 10-12% but hi carbon, smells great (shisha needs to be very clean) and burns VERY hot..  So very soon I hope to be taking pre-orders for Komodo Kamado owners first and then non-owners.  So it looks like we'll have two Coconut charcoals to choose from soon...

PS
Please send me Emails and not private messages on the forum.. My staff can't access the private messages and things get lost.

• Like 9

I still have about 20 boxes myself.  Great to hear about the shipping arrangement.  What is the word on the possibility of getting Coffee Char?  That is my favorite charcoal.  Like Robert said, I have been burning my CocoChar slowly.  Time to start using it more!

Unfortunately, I live way out here in the middle of the country with no other KK owners within hundreds of miles of me, so a pallet share is very difficult for me. Any chance that it will be available on Amazon, like before? I know that I'll pay a lot more for it, but at least I can get it!

16 hours ago, tony b said:

Unfortunately, I live way out here in the middle of the country with no other KK owners within hundreds of miles of me, so a pallet share is very difficult for me. Any chance that it will be available on Amazon, like before? I know that I'll pay a lot more for it, but at least I can get it!

Didn't know that was an option.