Aussie Ora

Chook wings on the kebab rotisserie. Oh yeah.

Those wings look good [mention=2714]Aussie Ora[/mention]!  I don't have a kebab rotisserie thing like yours but I wonder if the wings would work well going round in the flat(ish) fish basket that I have.  Did the wings taste different or better than when grilled direct on the grate?
They will work great rotisserie wise in a basket .the beauty of the KK it retains its moisture and makes a bark. Give it a go . I just used the normal temp 180 or 350 simple as

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

2 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Give it a go . I just used the normal temp 180 or 350 simple as

Thanks, I'll give it a go.  I am a fan of high temperatures for wings and having the rotisserie doing the work of keeping them moving seems like a good thing to try.  

• Like 1

Reporting back:  I tried wings in my flat rotisserie basket.  Had them for lunch yesterday.  The colour was great and more even than I expected given the fact that they were encased in a metal grid.  The wings were nice and succulent.  So good, in fact, that there is no photographic evidence.  Thanks for the inspiration @Aussie Ora.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reporting back:  I tried wings in my flat rotisserie basket.  Had them for lunch yesterday.  The colour was great and more even than I expected given the fact that they were encased in a metal grid.  The wings were nice and succulent.  So good, in fact, that there is no photographic evidence.  Thanks for the inspiration [mention=2714]Aussie Ora[/mention].
No worries . As you have found out they crisp up well and are juicy as basket or no basket. Nice snacks

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

You know what they say, no pix - didn't happen.:-D

@MacKenzie you are not wrong, but just remember it's all about the eating and you can't eat a pix no matter how good it looks. :smt096

On 4/8/2019 at 12:47 PM, Aussie Ora said:

I just used the normal temp 180 or 350 simple as

Yes, now that I have worked out how to get the fire going quickly this is a super simple dish to make.  Fire on, roti bar loaded and in no time at all you have something good to eat.  

I often have trouble attaching and bracket on the motor to the KK, the springs are a bit stiff and alignment not always easy to achieve.  Having read that @ckreef leaves his motor attached the whole time I think I might take a leaf out of his book.  Will make roti a more frequent choice here.  

• Haha 1