ckreef

Lloyd Pans - personal pan lunch pizza

I got my new 7", stackable Lloyd personal pan pizza pans. Five of them. 

lpp1.thumb.jpg.56b8e9426c7142865bb2552e6a796cce.jpg

Why 7" you ask? These were bought as to go pans to be used in my Primo Oval Jr Go setup. 

lpp2.thumb.jpg.7f6d0045a0554a8382cc605f69355417.jpg

Why stackable you ask? Stackable pans have a little over 1" of space between pans when stacked and the top pan acts as a cover for the pan below it. The idea is to make and stretch the dough in the pan the night before or the morning of. You then stack the pans and stick them in the refrigerator or cooler. When ready to cook you pull them out let everyone dress their own lunch pizza and throw them on the grill. 

Let the tests begin this weekend. I have two dough recipes to try out to begin with. Can you go straight from the refrigerator to dressing then onto the grill or do you need to let them come to room temperature first? I want these to cook in 4-5 minutes. If I have 12 pans (6 sets of 2) I should be able to roll them through the grill in 30-40 minutes total time. To me that would be acceptable. Hopefully I can get this all figured out within the next few weeks. 

I'll posts my tests in this thread. 

Once figured out I'll get a head count for my sister's house and buy some more pans. That way I can take the oval Jr and pans to her house early this summer for vacation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alimac23 said:

Love the idea behind it all!

I reckon that’ll work a treat, the pan on top will trap the humidity and let the dough expand without drying out.

Looking forward to seeing the results from this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish me luck. This is something similar to what some pizza restaurants do. I'm just trying to make it easier at the time of cooking. 3 or 4 pizzas on the fly not to big of an issue. If you're going for 8-12 a much bigger issue. Besides I want to enjoy the time not working for everyone's benefit. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tony b said:

Less work for you, more time for adult beverages! :drinkers:

I knew somebody would totally understand my adventure B)

The dough is rising as I type this. Before I go to bed I'll form some balls and let them proof. Stretch them into the pans then stack the pans in the refrigerator. Personal pan pizzas for tomorrow night's dinner. Unless they screw up which is totally possible. 

• Like 1

Ran the first test last night with 4 pizzas. They all tasted good. It's a sound concept but the execution needs a little tweaking. 

Thursday night I mixed up the dough and let it rise until doubled. I made the balls and proofed them for about 30. Lastly I stretched the dough into the pans, stacked the pans, and put them in the refrigerator. 

Friday night they were cooked at 500*. The two on the right were pulled out of the refrigerator and let come to room temperature for about an hour. The two on the left (with green pepper) were pulled straight from the refrigerator just prior to dressing. 

lpp1a.thumb.jpg.144c4e7ebf3d93ea8f27c56d16184ff1.jpg

lpp1b.thumb.jpg.74e9b5903202d6e10cf1fb0304407e26.jpg

lpp1c.thumb.jpg.13553a1322ce8816d4866579255a5c2b.jpg

lpp1d.thumb.jpg.624588cdca1b1b2ff271ded82ad4e6fb.jpg

lpp1e.thumb.jpg.f70a6d4cb1576b4b2679b3c608de69fe.jpg

lpp1f.thumb.jpg.7100a953c4913a5c0d202ce1be3497ec.jpg

This was a new dough recipe. A copycat Pizza Hut recipe. It tasted good and was easy enough to work with. The very bottom of the crust had a nice crunch and the middle was still soft and moist. I'll probably make a slightly smaller batch next time. I also need to up the temperature and get a shorter cook time. Weather to let them come to temperature first or come straight from the refrigerator is still undecided. Will probably try again Sunday. 

• Like 5

I tried two more tests on Sunday. Lunch test was total disaster. We ate them but no way was I taking a picture. They were so ugly I was scared they would break the camera lense - LOL 

Shut the grill down and later in the day I reconfigured the setup. Gave it another try. Getting closer to perfection but not quite. I do have a few more tweaks I want to make and will try again next weekend at the latest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good News @ckreef.............don't have to buy any of your pans for pizza...............my gas station now serves Detroit style pizza :grin:

PS - I was born and raised in Detroit and never have had this style pizza....In fact never heard of it until it was discussed on this forum

Fastrac Cafe

Introducing the new Detroit-Style Deep Dish Pizza

Available in 10 delicious varieties

Take an extra 10% OFF

Come for the fuel. Stay for the food. The door is always open!

Fastrac Cafe

Find Locations

View Website

Follow Us
FacebookInstagram

Edited by Jon B.
Still can't spell.......................
  • Haha 4