RandyS

Where's the pork?

Well, I'm at it again. I "volunteered" to cook the barbecue for a couples wedding shower for the son of some close friends. I salted six Boston butts, 45 pounds of pork shoulder, yesterday, and rubbed them and put them on the BB32 this evening for tomorrow's event. It isn't anything particularly creative, but I thought so much meat on one rack of the KK deserved a shout. Per my usual, no real backup plan. The KK, Kooter, hasn't let me down yet!

45#.jpg

• Like 6

Well, I'm at it again. I "volunteered" to cook the barbecue for a couples wedding shower for the son of some close friends. I salted six Boston butts, 45 pounds of pork shoulder, yesterday, and rubbed them and put them on the BB32 this evening for tomorrow's event. It isn't anything particularly creative, but I thought so much meat on one rack of the KK deserved a shout. Per my usual, no real backup plan. The KK, Kooter, hasn't let me down yet!
1601234756_45.jpg.648814734831c374952559c0dd95a0f8.jpg
Looks like you have it under control .yum

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

The pork was from Costco, which has been consistently good. It is boneless, which means I have to tie it with butcher's string to keep it together. I think I could tie it more firmly and set the butts on their sides to put even more on a single rack. The meat is currently at 190 degrees, on schedule. I have temp probes in two of them and they are within a couple of degrees of each other at this point.