Buschjs

Yet Another New Owner

Greetings from Upstate NY. 

Finally pulled the trigger on a 32” BB Komodo Kamado. I’ve been actively cooking on a BGE for well over a decade. The BGE that I purchased many years ago was getting tired and it was time for an upgrade. Looked at all the other available options and nothing compared to the KK. 

Currently anxiously waiting on its arrival, can’t wait!

Regards,

Justin

• Like 3

Not sure on the delivery date as I have not yet received tracking info. Assuming it shipped as planned today, it should arrive mid next week.

Really looking forward to finally cooking on a KK, it’s been in my wishlist for a couple years now.

This forum is a great resource! I’ve been lurking over the last couple of weeks learning as much as possible about the KK and techniques.

Congrats and welcome to the kk family cooking on a kk is night and day compared to the bge.. i have cooked on bge's for over 20 plus years all i can say is when you cook on your kk you are absolutely going to love it and wonder why you didnt pull the trigger sooner 

what color did you pick out?

@Buschjs   Justin,  A big Welcome to the KK world from Syracuse, NY.  You are really going to enjoy your 32.  I came from a Primo & KJ background.   The quality of the KK is amazing compared to those.  

This is a very fun and friendly forum.  Everyone is happy to help if you have questions.  Enjoy!!!!!

Thanks all - I will definitely post some photos of uncrating and the first cook.... it cant come soon enough. I picked the matte black pebble tiles, I really like the old school look and contrast with the stainless. I'm sure the photos don't do it justice.

@Jon B. - I live in Fairport, NY near Rochester. I'm in Syracuse almost every day for work.

28 minutes ago, Buschjs said:

Thanks all - I will definitely post some photos of uncrating and the first cook.... it cant come soon enough. I picked the matte black pebble tiles, I really like the old school look and contrast with the stainless. I'm sure the photos don't do it justice.

@Jon B. - I live in Fairport, NY near Rochester. I'm in Syracuse almost every day for work.

Justin,  If you ever want to see the 16" and 19" KK Table Top models in person let me know.  Also have a 23" in the garage that I'm fixing up for Dennis.  

You will love the flexibility of the 32".   Really easy to do 2 zone cooking without a ton of accessories that are needed in the round kamado's .............which is a great feature for any cooker.    

I work in Baldwinsville, stop by and hello if you are in this area........we can tell some tall BBQ tales.   :grin:

Congrats Justin!

Delivery day is super exciting, I’d love to see some pics of your delivery process. I made a thread about mine and I still really enjoy looking back on those good memories.

I’d cooked on other kamados for years before getting the KK and nothing compares to it. Looking forward to seeing some amazing food coming your awesome new KK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! That matte black pebble is growing on me. I’m going to look at an SBB42 matte black pebble tomorrow. Dennis contacted the owner so I could take a before purchasing. I’m stuck on that or cobalt blue pebble.

27 minutes ago, SSgt93 said:

Congrats! That matte black pebble is growing on me. I’m going to look at an SBB42 matte black pebble tomorrow. Dennis contacted the owner so I could take a before purchasing. I’m stuck on that or cobalt blue pebble.

Those are the same choices that I was stuck on, there is just something about the matte black I like. The contrast with the stainless is really nice.

When I started looking at KKs the cobalt blue pebble wasn’t available and I was dead set on matte black pebble. Decided I needed to buy one this year and the matte black pebble was available for immediate purchase so I jumped on it. Glad I did.

The cobalt blue looks amazing in photos and I am sure is stunning in person. Seriously no bad choice here!

• Like 2