leejp

Why? Beacuse I can....

The weather is simply awful here in the Northeast. windy, with temps in the low teens and snow/sleet/freezing rain. Perfect time to load up the cooker with 3 racks of ribs.

129651606-M.jpg

Inside, sipping coffee in front of the fire... monitoring the temps via wireless. Nice having a job that allows me to work from home. This is THE LIFE.

Maverick Remote Smoker Thermometer - ET-73

I notice you are not using the guru or the stoker, yet you have a remote thermometer. Does it measure the pit as well at the meat temp? Please tell me the brand and where to get it.

From Google search:

Maverick Remote Smoker Thermometer - ET-73

Monitor internal temperature of smoked meats from 100 feet away Wireless receiver with LCD beeps and flashes when smoked meat temperature goes above your programmed temperature Monitor smoking chamber temperature. Receiver beeps and flashes if smoking chamber temperature falls out of your programmed range Count-Up & Count-Down Timer LCD of receiver has back light for use at night Receiver has belt clip and built in stand Heat-resistant food probe wire can be inserted 6" into meat Transmitter has removable wire stand that also becomes a hanger Can be used with oven or grill too 4 AAA batteries included Special smoking chamber probe wire comes with clip to attach to grill rack UPC: 0-11502-01373-3

Part #: ET-73

Price about $42

I have one, the grill temp always reads about 15º less than my Tru Tel. I like the alarm feature for when your meat is at the target temp or the Komodo temp rises or drops. Remote works but not thru too many walls. Not great quality but gets the job done.. The belt clip is DJ's favorite feature :lol:

Re: Maverick Remote Smoker Thermometer - ET-73

The belt clip is DJ's favorite feature :lol:

Hey, yours has a belt clip??? I feel robbed now - damn - hehe. Mine just has a little prop leg on the back. But now my ProCom remote has a belt clip - hehe! Though neither really matter at the moment since I DON'T HAVE A KK YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

-=Jasen=-

Maverick ET-73

This is a 2 probe (pit + meat). The one pictured is the transmitter.

Be careful though... this is my 4th unit and this one seems to work. The other 3 had issues with the wireless and the receiver would lose sync with the transmitter. Maverick's been great... each time replacing the bad unit. However after the cook yesterday when I went to turn the receiver off, the switch broke off (it's really flimsy).... Argggghhhh!

Temp control's pretty simple with the KK (use smaller bits of coal) but I now have another feature request. The KK is so darned efficient that I find juuussst cracking open the dial portion of the lower draft door is good enough to maintain 220*F with the upper draft open 1/4 of a turn or so. Dennis... could the holes on the lower draft dial be cut on a triangular shape so there's finer resolution closer to completely shut?