ckreef

Anyone use Cyberq Cloud or other controller?

I'm about to put a rack of ribs on with my Guru already set up and going. Second all the other spot-on advice - bottom vents fully closed, top vent just barely off the gasket (open it just enough to see smoke wisps). I close the Guru port 1/2 way, as I've found if there's much of a breeze (pretty calm here right now) that a fully open fan vent can allow vacuum drag across the top vent to suck in enough air to overshoot a low temp setting. As Robert says, make the fan do all the work! 

Charles, I used to use a similar car jumpstart 12v rechargeable battery to run my Guru, as it had a "cigarette lighter" port on the side that I could plug the Guru adapter into. Then, I got the cold smoker and needed straight up 120V to run the aquarium pump. Then I ran an extension cord from an outside electrical box under my deck to the corner where the KK is, so I can just plug everything in there now. 

• Like 2

Thanks, @tony b and everyone else.  Super helpful to this noob.

Quick update on previous post - I finally figured out how to put a halt to the incessant text messages.  Turns out its simply a preference.  Why the default is every 5 minutes when the point of this thing is to control a long cook is beyond me, but I've now got things under control  - at least in that regard.  Felt a bit like an idiot for not figuring that out later (what?  read the manual?!  who does that?!), but I'll blame it on the 6:00am start time and the lack of caffeine...

• Like 1

CyberQ Cloud arrived today. I had a touch of Marabu leftover in the Oval Jr so I'm running a test. Rock solid burn at 250* with only a +/- of 5*. I want to get this all tested and tried in the Oval Jr. Taking it on vacation to my sister's house on June 8th. 

When I get back from vacation I'll have the KK drilled and cold smoker ready. Then I'll play with that setup. 

lclCYBERQ.thumb.jpg.ee536e941daee6d0dddd9cf25f428722.jpg

@tony b  the jump starter is for going on vacation with the Oval Jr. The KK's are sitting on my porch and I have plenty of electricity for that. 

• Like 1

Also as a new CyberQ Cloud user, I can vouch that the pit viper fan opening is large enough to run the temperature to at least 250 degrees F without the fan running. I am going to do as others have suggested and close the damper on the Guru fan at least half way and just crack the upper KK damper, with the bottom KK damper closed.

• Like 1