tekobo

KK Soufflé

I thought I would try out soufflé on the KK and wondered how best to do it.  As usual, if you look, someone, somewhere on the forum will have done what you are trying to do and will have documented it for your reading pleasure.  Unusually, there was only one post.  This one:

@dstr8is an excellent reference and I don't have much to add. As I start with my soufflé experiments, it would be good to know if others have tried soufflé out in their KKs.  Here is my first attempt.  It was made with a sweet white miso base.  I put them in the KK on a cold cast iron tray to avoid burning up the bottoms. They came out well after 13 minutes in the KK.  I like how the reflected heat from the dome gave the soufflés a gently browned top.  Might cook for slightly less time next time and I need to work at getting a more even rise.  Will try running knife round the inside of each filled pot to see if that helps.

891042356_OSLgk2BTA2o2JfKtKNPA.thumb.jpg.3889e88be65463682c6d93ebd119f748.jpg

932713269_VoipVVAQMatMNhEvPpgmw.thumb.jpg.c5d5a78695ae1b9c061ec2ea82e22d15.jpg

1255877635_XVgBQWzQXSg00HhTV39w.thumb.jpg.d79da1d26fc2b81b1881f88a294229c8.jpg

• Like 7

Like the looks of those. Tell me, was the cast iron preferable over the pizza stone for this application for any particular reason or just on hand. Wonder how that flat of cast iron would do with a pizza.  Lodge?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Like the looks of those. Tell me, was the cast iron preferable over the pizza stone for this application for any particular reason or just on hand. Wonder how that flat of cast iron would do with a pizza.  Lodge?

Yes, Lodge.  I love Lodge cast iron gear.  I used it because I did want some bottom heat but not too much. I hadn't thought of using it for a pizza though. Good thinking Batman, worth a try to see how it works.  

• Like 1