Alohapiggy

It’s official

I hate to admit this but I’m glad I sold my egg.  Don’t get me wrong great grill and it started my passion for Kamado cooking. But my gasket (not even a year old) needs to be replaced and my base and fire box have hair linecracks. I know BGE has a fantastic warranty but I really hate taking it apart.  To me it’s a hassle cause mine sits in a table.  It’s so damn difficult to get the dome and base lined up correctly.  

13 hours ago, Alohapiggy said:

I got a 21 in metallic bronze. I only have/had one grill my large BGE. It was a perfect size for me. I bought a Ps wood rack with upper extension to give me more room.  I think the 21 is the same size as the large BGE so it should work out fine.  

No your 21" Supreme is MUCH larger than a large BGE which is only 18.25" diameter.. 
21" left to right and 20" front to rear..
Just saying!

• Like 3

On 5/10/2019 at 2:02 PM, Alohapiggy said:

I hate to admit this but I’m glad I sold my egg.  Don’t get me wrong great grill and it started my passion for Kamado cooking. But my gasket (not even a year old) needs to be replaced and my base and fire box have hair linecracks. I know BGE has a fantastic warranty but I really hate taking it apart.  To me it’s a hassle cause mine sits in a table.  It’s so damn difficult to get the dome and base lined up correctly.  

I had 2 eggs that i sold before my KK arrived yes it sucks not grilling but when you get your new kk the only regret will be why you didnt pull trigger sooner all the things you are saying wrong with the egg is the reason most of us got KK's 

You wont look back

Congrats and welcome to the KK family 

Excellect color choice 

Congratulations! Fantastic choice, you're going to love every minute of it!

The only advice i would give it to have a think about the accessories you might want i the future, I didn't order the rotisserie with mine and i ended up ordering it later and picking it up from Dennis in Bali. My point is that when you order your grill, the shipping on the other accessories you order at the same time is effectively free, this is especially important for things like pizza stones and other bits that are heavy and could cost a lot to ship later on, especially to Australia as is in my case. Just my 2c worth.

Can't wait to see the cool unboxing pics and your first cooks!