Scottishhammer

New here and any customization

Hi all - I’ve had a BGE but recently gave it to a family member as I’ve been planning to upgrade.  Looking at 32” as I would typically run out of space on large BGE.  Obviously this forum is biased but wanted to get thoughts on size and also see if possible to customize outside of grill.  I’m Scottish (living in Indiana) but would love to get a grill that looks like the St Andrews cross flag with the tiles Blue and white (included a link). Is that possible?   Understand it may cost a little more but if I’m spending this much figured I’d ask if anyone had done it. Any advice on this grill and considerations would be appreciated.  I read a lot of reviews and though kk is pricey seems quality is well worth it. 

A5A754FD-41BD-4408-8C5D-8A22045C0526.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi all - I’ve had a BGE but recently gave it to a family member as I’ve been planning to upgrade.  Looking at 32” as I would typically run out of space on large BGE.  Obviously this forum is biased but wanted to get thoughts on size and also see if possible to customize outside of grill.  I’m Scottish (living in Indiana) but would love to get a grill that looks like the St Andrews cross flag with the tiles Blue and white (included a link). Is that possible?   Understand it may cost a little more but if I’m spending this much figured I’d ask if anyone had done it. Any advice on this grill and considerations would be appreciated.  I read a lot of reviews and though kk is pricey seems quality is well worth it. 
A5A754FD-41BD-4408-8C5D-8A22045C0526.jpeg.dcb9f91d4d679405b0d18258a3c32a21.jpeg
I thought about this myself .Your best bet is to ring Dennis

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your interest and inquiry. I am always happy to explore custom tile finishes.  The first problem is that I do not have those colors available and we do not glaze our own tiles. Years ago we made custom tiles for Kingsford but they were ordering 18 grills.

The next problem is that we could never make that pattern in tiles alone. it would need to be tiled with both blue and white on some tiles.  I'm getting tired just thinking about doing this.  

• Like 1

Saw Tuckers chevron with alternating colors and although it may not be what your looking as a flag representation the colors would certainly be present. Having a flag in the background would cetainly pickup the tile colors. Just a thought, think outside the box for alternatives.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:48 PM, Scottishhammer said:

Thanks for the quick reply Dennis.  I figured it would be a long shot but worth asking.   I can assure you I wouldn’t be ordering 18 grills...😀

Hey, it was Kingsford... They told me they carbonize almost a million tons of wood a year. Try to get your head around that volume.

They gave grills to their board of directors, factory managers, and Facebook giveaways.

• Like 1