SSgt93

Rotisserie questions for SBB42

Yup.. I'd definitely go the larger motor.  That cradle is massive, better to have more torque than not enough.

Thanks Dennis. You have an email waiting for you as well. I know you are replying to this at 4:30am in Bali! Yikes. I appreciate the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense. So...when are you pulling the trigger?? Summer is a-wastin'!

I’m stuck on color. Matte black pebble vs cobalt blue pebble. From what I’m hearing cobalt blue scratches easy and requires more maintenance. I’m very impressed with the matte black pebble and the color also screams traditional bbq to me and looks great against the stainless steel. Family likes the cobalt though and it will look great by the pool. What to do, what to do....

2 hours ago, SSgt93 said:

From what I’m hearing cobalt blue scratches easy and requires more maintenance.

I've never heard that before from anyone on this Forum?? There is nothing unique about how the blue tiles are made from any other color, as far as I know.

I've never heard that before from anyone on this Forum?? There is nothing unique about how the blue tiles are made from any other color, as far as I know.

It’s mentioned by several owners on here. I’ve done the research but am not going to put people on the spot and screenshot their posts etc.

I was also told to use a soft rag and to treat it like a back car as it shows everything, and not wipe it with a dry rag.

2 hours ago, SSgt93 said:

I’m stuck on color. Matte black pebble vs cobalt blue pebble. From what I’m hearing cobalt blue scratches easy and requires more maintenance. I’m very impressed with the matte black pebble and the color also screams traditional bbq to me and looks great against the stainless steel. Family likes the cobalt though and it will look great by the pool. What to do, what to do....emoji2373.png

I would go with the cobalt blue of course i am partial to that color lol

I can only attest for my cooker but if you dont use soft rags sponges ect yes you will get light small scratches nothing that cant buff out the tiles are very shiny when you clean it or when you get it new it and the light hits it it looks like a mirror so again just use soft rags sponges ect treat it like a expensive car ect

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tony b said:

Many of us here clean the tiles with Zep 505 and a magic eraser sponge. If you want it to shine, use a bit of car wax to polish afterwards with a damp chamois. 

I have read that as well and appreciate the info.  The owner of the SBB42 I saw yesterday in matte black pebble also waxes it.   

• Like 1

That matte black does look good. I was preferring the cobalt blue until I saw the last 32" in matte black.

Does the cobalt blue pebble come in the black grout? The photos I've seen have a white grout.

I don’t know what the options are for grout but after extensive research I did see what appears to be a lighter color grout on an introduction pic Dennis posted of the cobalt blue pebble in 2017 (Instagram, March 2017 post), however; it appears all recent photos are black grout. The lighter color may be from flash photography as well. Dennis would be the one who would know for sure.

Just to show the size of the 42” Serious Big Bad rotisserie cradle, here is my wife trying to hold up this monster. She’s 5’7” for reference and was eager to hand it back over to me lol. It is HEAVY.

291fe52c69cf9ff3ad84a0cc1b5695ae.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1