Braai-Q

32" Big Bad Ordered...

Dear All

I thought I'd share a story with my KKC, that's Komodo Kamado Conspirators as I now know you all. 😎

You may have seen a recent post where I said I was planning an outdoor kitchen. I was thinking of selling my 19" to make way for a 23". I know, I was foolish. It was blasphemous. Having spent some time on the forum and listening to the advice of all here, I have arrived at the following conclusions:

1. It would be a bad idea to part with the 19".

2. I need a 32BB.

3. Getting your wife drunk is apparently a proven strategy for gaining agreement to get a larger size KK.

So, I've put the order in to Dennis and we're just sorting out paperwork. Can't wait. I can't comment on 3. 😮

Thanks to everyone for the advice and answering my questions. Unboxing video and the arrival fanfare will of course be shared.

Alex

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Alohapiggy I live in Fremont CA now. My son and his family live in Hilo. My daughter bought an eyeglass business in Kona and is living there for a year. She also has a eyeglass business in Palo Alto. Have fun unpacking your KK wait till you see it up close and personal You are going to amaze how beautiful they are.

Great news Alex.  I just read your post out to The Husband.  He remarked on the difference between planning for a 23" and ending up with a 19" AND a 32".  Good job KKC!  Have you chosen the same colour as your 19" or are you taking a non-matching route with the 32"?

On 5/22/2019 at 12:53 AM, tony b said:

HURRAY!!! :hello1: :occasion9:  :occasion5:

We know that we're all enablers on this site! But, no one's seriously complained - yet! LOL!!

I'll introduce you to my wife once she gets over the hangover. 😎

Appreciate your advice and comments Tony. 👊

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2019 at 3:48 PM, tekobo said:

Great news Alex.  I just read your post out to The Husband.  He remarked on the difference between planning for a 23" and ending up with a 19" AND a 32".  Good job KKC!  Have you chosen the same colour as your 19" or are you taking a non-matching route with the 32"?

I reckon some of the car forums have cost me many multiples of the price of a 32". I am willingly aided and abetted in several interest areas and my wife ruefully admitted that this was reasonable compared to some of my other transgressions. I am planning a Porsche rally car at the moment and knowing this, I think my wife is conceding a Rook by agreeing to the 32"..... Or it could be a testament to that steak and all the margheritas I plyed her with! 😎🍹

Oh and we're matching large to little - black pebble. My wife's choice. Seems fair.

Edited by Braai-Q

On 5/22/2019 at 1:50 PM, Tyrus said:

Congratulations to you both. For one Xmas is early and well Alex..the road is somewhat longer, Anticipation

Thanks Tyrus. I think the anticipation would be different if I didn't have one already but knowing exactly what I'm looking forward to makes the wait worthwhile.

I know that with the support of this great community, my bank manager can hate me in new and different ways as I look at additional accessories and things I 'need'.... 😁

Edited by Braai-Q

On 5/22/2019 at 4:04 AM, El Pescador said:

Congrats, Alex!  You're not going to regret it. 

Really looking forward to hearing of (and, I suspect, learning from) your BB experiences!

Thanks David. Great to share the experience with like minded enthusiasts and I have always enjoyed the child like excitement of the 'unboxing' videos that people post. It's great to see.

Hopefully the 'strange' African cuisine thread that @tekobo and I are working on might give you some inspiration or at the very least, some insight into food you might not know or considered trying. 

On 5/22/2019 at 1:03 AM, SSgt93 said:

LOL on #3. That was my thread and I asked to have it deleted because I felt like it was going to come back and bite me.

Congrats!

I'll add 'Remove the evidence of forum collusion' as point 4 then shall I? Thanks for the advice along the way. 😎

• Haha 1