Alohapiggy

It’s here!!!

If that's the gas unit door to the back side I believe that has been discontinued, but, not totally certain. anyhow I see a box and something in the garage. Keep the Komodo Kamado sign a safe spot, you may find a place for it later. Looks beautiful and already jumping into the fire

Edited by Tyrus

Oh my goodness, Alohapiggy, that unit is awesome. All I see is at the back is the serial no. What an awesome unit and when you cook on it you are going to find the cook is just as beautiful and the taste of the food moves to the next level. :wynar::smt060

I agree with Tyrus that sign comes in handy. Keep it, please keep it. :) Fortunately I kept in mine and I have them in my ODK.

I am confident that it won't be long before you consider this one of the best purchases you have ever made. :-D

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 1

Congrats, @Alohapiggy!  Looks great!

If the 21 is anything like the BB, that metal plate should come off by unscrewing some nuts from the backside (the inside).  I don't thinks its necessary or desireable to do that though.  When I clean mine out,  I usually just scoop out most of the ash from the inside and then give it quick hit with the shop vac.  Keeps it nice and tidy.

Hope the steaks came out as good or better than expected.  You're in for a real treat!

8 hours ago, Alohapiggy said:

What does everyone do with the pallet cover?

My neighbor made a doghouse with mine. 

I use a metal scoop to clean mine out from the top or sometimes the shop vac. If you use a vac, make sure you have the drywall filter for it, so you're not just blowing the ashes around, but capturing them in the vac. 

Nice job with the steaks, looks perfectly edible to me!