SSgt93

Ordered the SBB42

Well after days of deliberating on color, I finally ordered the SBB42.... in matte black pebble. 

I want to thank everyone on here who gave advice.  Don’t hate me if you were rooting for cobalt blue pebble! Lol. 

Now the wait for delivery.  

Oh, I did order a blue cover though lol. And yes, the alcohol does work..... in moderation.

Edited by SSgt93
  • Like 6

Congratulations! i was lucky enough to get to see the 42 when i was at Dennis's place in Bali late last year. That thing really is a beast in terms of real estate and the design is simply amazing! 

Where abouts are you based? Are you in the US and get to get your grill relatively quickly, or do you have all the fun ahead of tracking various ships as it wings its way to you?

Id love to see the unboxing, burn in and first cook pics when it arrives. 

• Like 2

Congratulations! i was lucky enough to get to see the 42 when i was at Dennis's place in Bali late last year. That thing really is a beast in terms of real estate and the design is simply amazing! 

Where abouts are you based? Are you in the US and get to get your grill relatively quickly, or do you have all the fun ahead of tracking various ships as it wings its way to you?

Id love to see the unboxing, burn in and first cook pics when it arrives. 

Thank you! I’m in the U.S. (Midwest) so it shouldn’t be too long as there was one in stock.

I will post pics for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, SSgt93 said:

Well after days of deliberating on color, I finally ordered the SBB42.... in matte black pebble. 

I want to thank everyone on here who gave advice.  Don’t hate me if you were rooting for cobalt blue pebble! Lol. 

Now the wait for delivery.  

Oh, I did order a blue cover though lol. And yes, the alcohol does work..... in moderation.

Awesome. Go big or go bigger seems to be the forum rule! Looking forward to the grand reveal.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, El Pescador said:
Straight to the SBB - you're ruined for life!!
Enjoy the anticipation - the day it arrives will be a memorable one!

Haha, I’ve been BBQ’ing for 20+ years now and have always been intrigued by KK. I’ve been using Green Eggs for 10+ years and really like the Kamado style of BBQ and did not want to leave it.... but I wanted more, as well as more space. The BGE’s will be sold.

I contemplated going to the 32, but after seeing the 42 in person and how easy it is to do a whole hog, it sealed the deal. I wanted more space and it’s on the way. :)

12 hours ago, Braai-Q said:
Awesome. Go big or go bigger seems to be the forum rule! Looking forward to the grand reveal.

Thank you, I’m looking forward to the arrival. I will document it well.

If anyone else is on Instagram, I am the same user name on there.

Terrific! Another midwest USA KK (although I was rooting for the cobalt blue)!

I could have gone either way and been happy, but after seeing that matte black 42, I knew it was screaming my name. Plus I have a thing for rock and roll, classic bbq colors, and even my ink is black; it made sense! d4ad69d867c6b127f2c889d4db261996.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Buschjs said:
Congrats! I was amazed at the size of my 32” when it arrived. Pictures just don’t do these cookers justice. I would imagine the 42” is amazing in person.

Great color choice also!

Thanks! The 42 is impressive for sure. When you see the rotisserie cradle it is awe inspiring; absolutely massive!

Edited by SSgt93

Yes the 42" SBB  rotisserie cradle is massive, to give one an idea. 

It's 55 lbs of 304 Stainless!

I will get some good pics when it comes in and try to size reference them a bit. I don’t think people understand how massive it is until they see it.

Yeah now!
I remember the anticipation well - best thing since Christmas as a child!  You're gonna be blown away!

The anticipation is killing me. I really hope it gets here this next week so I can cook on it all next weekend.