SSgt93

Ordered the SBB42

12 minutes ago, El Pescador said:

(matte black tile, which cooks a bit better than the pebble) 

Not saying I'm biased or anything, but...:) my understanding is that the pebbles requires more adhesive, which would seem to increase the insulation capability and reflect more of the heat waves back into the KK.

Empirical proof that pebbles cook better :smt031

Last summer I started testing an elastomeric industrial insulation that incorporates nano ceramic spheres created in a high temp vacuum.. It is marketed as an outdoor spray on insulation for reducing heat loss as well as OSHA rated protection from exposed high temp pipes (designed to be used as an insulation for the space station/shuttle. A 385ºf high temp steam pipe can be sprayed with 1.5mm of this material and you can grab the pipe with your bare hand and not be burned. It not only wears great but drastically improves the cookers performance buy reflecting heat waves back into the cooker. I'm also now using it as an adhesive to attach my most current production.

(and yes this is intended to be funny, not start a pebbles vs tile war....cause everyone knows pebbles cook better!):smt045

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SSgt93 said:

You can get the matte black pebble on the 32. Contact Dennis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can confirm as recently as this week that that's the case. My 32KK is matt black pebble. 

@SSgt93 That's a mighty fine looking KK there. I believe that the pebbles make for much moister cooks, better temperature control..... 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can confirm as recently as this week that that's the case. My 32KK is matt black pebble. 
[mention=3374]SSgt93[/mention] That's a mighty fine looking KK there. I believe that the pebbles make for much moister cooks, better temperature control..... 

Haha.

1 hour ago, bgrant3406 said:

I concur that pebbles are good BUT, scientific proof is required. The Husband vetoed one of my choices - one KK in black tile and one in black pebble.  I now wish that I had stood my ground.  Someone else will have to do that test. And deal with the wrath from the losers.  :)

10 minutes ago, Braai-Q said:

I am concerned that your reference to "recently" implies that you have sneaked a new KK into your ODK without proper scrutiny.  I hope, for your sake, that is not the case.  :shock:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, tekobo said:

I concur that pebbles are good BUT, scientific proof is required. The Husband vetoed one of my choices - one KK in black tile and one in black pebble.  I now wish that I had stood my ground.  Someone else will have to do that test. And deal with the wrath from the losers.  :)

Scientific proof? Well, I'm sure in a survey of respondents who own pebble KKs, we'll have a unanimous verdict. We'll leave control as a concept for cooking. Statistical validity of the sample? 100% conclusive. Honestly, trust me on this. 😎

2 minutes ago, tekobo said:

I am concerned that your reference to "recently" implies that you have sneaked a new KK into your ODK without proper scrutiny.  I hope, for your sake, that is not the case.  :shock:

Don't worry, the marching band, video crew and applauding neighbours are scheduled. I only got the invoice from Dennis a couple days ago as everyone has been on holiday so not sent funds to Dennis as yet. Having last minute spec indecision.... (do I need two side tables and will I actually use a double thickness drip tray?)

I'm also having my driveway graded and reformatted next week and about 1000 hedging plants delivered as part of the landscaping endeavour. My new electric gate (which I designed) arrived a few weeks back so I've been a bit distracted with project management jobs. The gate weighed just under 400KG so based on the lifting team who set it in place, I know who I'm gonna call when the KK arrives! 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tony b said:

Waiting with bated breath on pics of all these amazing KKs.

I feel with all the aiding and abetting encouragement of the forum, you've all had a hand in the enlargement of my brief and increase in spend. I'll share pictures, promise. 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bgrant3406 said:

Not saying I'm biased or anything, but...:) my understanding is that the pebbles requires more adhesive, which would seem to increase the insulation capability and reflect more of the heat waves back into the KK.

:smt102  If only I had known.   I may have to remedy the error in judgment with a new pebble 42 (leaving little in the way of assets to be split in the divorce proceedings that will inevitable take place  :lol:)

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Alohapiggy said:

I really like the matte black pebble but that color isn’t offered in the 32 BB.  

All grills can be built in all tile colors, it's just sold out. 32's this year are outselling 23's by a good margin.. Argh, We just ran out. I usually have 5-6 of both blacks in stock. Building them now. I've sold 7 Bronze 32's in less than a month and am down to my last one.  Here I am complaining about great sales!  Thanks everybody...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I'm not surprised Dennis. I was fixed on the 23". 

After reading all the posts they significantly sway everyone towards the 32"

Given I have stacks of other cooking options( sous vide, steam oven, convection oven, gas bbq, Kamado, soon to be open fire grill- really a disguise ODK to house a KK) I still think I'm a 23"

Edited by Basher

I'm not surprised Dennis. I was fixed on the 23". 
After reading all the posts they significantly sway everyone towards the 32"
Given I have stacks of other cooking options( sous vide, steam oven, convection oven, gas bbq, Kamado, soon to be open fire grill- really a disguise ODK to house a KK) I still think I'm a 23"

You can always cook smaller on a bigger grill, however; you cannot create more space on a smaller grill to cook bigger.