Alohapiggy

Spatchcock chicken

I love kamado style cooking. I enjoyed cooking on BGE.  The Komodo Kamado is a different experience way more enjoyable.  I hate to sound like a weirdo but I love hearing the latch lock and unlock it’s so precise and well built.  Before my KK I was eyeing the Kamado Joe 2.  I was really intrigued with all the innovations Kamado Joe was bringing to the their grills.  So one day the NEX had a Kamado Joe 2 on display.  I really like the idea of a latch to help seal the dome to the base. So I started latching and unlatching the Kamado Joe to see how it felt. After 3 tries of latching the grill the latch broke I was so embarrassed I threw the broken pieces into the grill and walked away quickly.   So that incident lead me to my KK.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

A classic KK cook. Nothing better than a great roasted chicken - whole, spatchcocked, rotisserie, al mattone, - whatever (just not beer can, please!) 

I don't think you can break the latch on a KK just by opening/closing it - I'd be shocked if someone ever did. Granted, the nuts can loosen over time and need to be re-adjusted to get a good closure, but that's hardly the same as the KJ incident! 

• Confused 1