I’ve only owned my KK for a short time.  I normally clean my grill in the morning after each cook. I know it maybe weird but I like to take care of my stuff.  So this is the shocking part (well to me it’s shocking) after the last 2 cooks the next morning the inside of the KK is still hot. No charcoal burning just the residual heat. I cooked some pizzas last night @550 and this morning I wanted to take the pizza stone and deflector out to store them and I had use my oven mitts to remove it from the grill. The KK insulation is amazing. Everything about this grill is built top notch. 

I sold my egg to a good friend. I cooked on it a few nights ago to help him learn how to use it. I can’t get over the grate size of the KK it makes other grates look like toys in comparison.  If your reading this and aren’t sure if you should buy a KK. Do yourself a favor and buy one.  Keep up the great work Dennis Linkletter.  

Edited by Alohapiggy
  • Like 9

I’m totally impressed with the insulation this was the next morning so 9 or so hours later. With my egg the next morning it would totally cooled off or cold to the touch. 

Very cool. The BGE’s will stay warm for a few hours at that high temp but that’s about it. I can’t wait until mine gets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, SSgt93 said:

Very cool. The BGE’s will stay warm for a few hours at that high temp but that’s about it. I can’t wait until mine gets here.

Sarge, I believe your ordering the 42, the largest unit and your comfortable with that, good. I have the 23 Ultimate and fuel isn't a consideration at this size however, a 42 seems a lot more mass to heat....I was wondering how fuel played into your equation. Enjoy retirement, you only get one lick.

• Like 1

Sarge, I believe your ordering the 42, the largest unit and your comfortable with that, good. I have the 23 Ultimate and fuel isn't a consideration at this size however, a 42 seems a lot more mass to heat....I was wondering how fuel played into your equation. Enjoy retirement, you only get one lick.

I’m not worried about lump use. It’s beyond efficient, as you are aware bing an owner, and has a reducer for smaller cooks. My XL BGE’s aren’t as efficient and I still snuff out what I don’t use and reuse it for the next cook. I will do the same with this. Charcoal is just part of the game. I will report after some use how it does with lump though.

Retirement is good but I’m busier now than I ever have been. I’m probably going to do some BBQ catering on the side. Another reason why I wanted the 42.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SSgt93 said:

Retirement is good but I’m busier now than I ever have been.

I hear that! Whoever said retirement was boring never met me! Some days I'm lucky to get everything done that I want, but the best part is - tomorrow's another day and you get a clean slate on your "to do" list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/31/2019 at 3:43 PM, SSgt93 said:

I’m not worried about lump use. It’s beyond efficient, as you are aware bing an owner, and has a reducer for smaller cooks. My XL BGE’s aren’t as efficient and I still snuff out what I don’t use and reuse it for the next cook. I will do the same with this. Charcoal is just part of the game. I will report after some use how it does with lump though.

Retirement is good but I’m busier now than I ever have been. I’m probably going to do some BBQ catering on the side. Another reason why I wanted the 42.

Go for it, sorry to be late to reply, my best wishes in your endeavor

• Like 1