Alohapiggy

Fire died

The problem with carbonizing lump Is that small pieces are over carbonized, have lost all their organic material and are crumbly/brittle by the time the medium size pieces are perfectly carbonized.  At the same time, the largest pieces may still have some un-carbonized wood.

These worthless under-carbonized smalls are tough to light, add no flavor and should be just added to your garden soil.
Most commercial brands simply put everything in the bag.. The smalls literally get smaller each time the bag is moved.

1 minute ago, Alohapiggy said:

Thanks Dennis for all your advice and insight . I’m glad your roaming the forum all the time.  I’m curious Dennis,  I saw some shirts on your Instagram page comparing the KK to a glazed Kamado.  Were those shirts ever available for sale? 

I've set the KK business cell with the WhatsApp installed with notifications to vibrate when posts are made..
So now it's easier for me to find and follow new posts on the forum..

Funny you should ask.. I just contacted somebody about making up those T-shirts.  Old school larger image on the back.. Small text on the front left where a pocket might be..
I'm SOO OVER these new T-shirts with the large image on the front. 
I'm not a billboard!

@Alohapiggy - I miss Wicked Good as well. It was my "go to" for many years. Then their facility had a major fire and they were out of production for a long time. Didn't come back at full capacity, so their distribution is cut way back. My local shop said they can't afford the shipping anymore and won't carry it. I get my Rockwood from them, and being a BBQ specialty shop they don't manhandle the bags of charcoal like the gorillas at the big box stores! 

@ckreef - I just opened my bag of Fogo Brazilian Eucalyptus wood charcoal. This stuff is like cocochar - burns a long time and almost as hard to light! But, I'm liking it as much as the Cuban Marabu stuff, if not more.  

• Like 1

Where I live there aren’t to many brands of lump available.  The variety of lump has improved lately but still very limited.  Lump and Kamado cooking isn’t very popular where I live.  Most places won’t ship to me or the shipping is crazy expensive.