Bud

Trying to identify this ceramic grill

That appears to be a RJ Kamado, probably a #5. Google RJ Kamado and you will find a lot of info on it, as well as many horror stories.

On the parts front, I think you are out of luck unless you can find one to canabalize, they show up on Craigslist off and on. Depending on what needs replacing, you might have to get it fabricated, but your money would be better spent on a new KK!

regards

Edited by bgrant3406

Has all the earmarks of a POSK with the gas insert. At least this one is a plain one, so you won't have to worry about tiles falling off in large sections! 

Good luck restoring it.

Best advice - do not, repeat, DO NOT, do any direct business with Robert Johnson (aka RJ). His a notorious charlatan and will just take your money and you may or may not ever see any product/parts, etc. Most likely - not. 

Thank you, appreciate the information...

Thinking of just turning this one into a dedicated smoker; its really large and the bottom is deep.

Going to strip out the gas retrofit and find a fire box from some other brand to put in to it.

On 6/11/2019 at 12:58 PM, tony b said:

Has all the earmarks of a POSK with the gas insert. At least this one is a plain one, so you won't have to worry about tiles falling off in large sections!

Actually it looks like someone followed my instructions for resurfacing an RJ K that had all the tiles fall off. Black concrete dye, in some mixture that I've long since forgot. But it looks exactly like mine, now in a neighbor's yard.

I’m sorry as a policy we no longer provide any customer support for Richard Johnson Kamados. There were too many RJ customers who needed help and it was taking too much of my time. I have my own business and a family who must come first.  
    May I suggest Galaxy grills in Las Vegas. They bought Kamado from Richard and supply spare parts for them. http://www.galaxyoutdoorlasvegas.com/barbecue-grills/galaxy-outdoor-kamado-rockets-3-in-1-barbecue-grill-and-smoker/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

May I suggest Galaxy grills in Las Vegas. They bought Kamado from Richard and supply spare parts for them.

Are they actually still in business?? My buddy that I gave my old POSK to, tried forever several years ago to get a new spider cap for the K7 so he could fix the crumbling top on it, but they never came through and he finally gave up on it.