ckreef

Oval Jr's 1st Vacation

Went on vacation to my sister's house in FL. In the past I always took an Akorn Jr. This is the first time I got to take my Primo Oval Jr. 

Packed in the car and ready to go. 

ojrv1.thumb.jpg.2e5831a932b0e685399fab3b568c68c3.jpg

Monday he was caught lounging pool side. 

ojrv2.thumb.jpg.0dc3b99ae38f1867de0ff8a2f13f1185.jpg

While pool side I put him to work cooking Brunswick Stew and ABT'S. Dinner was served with summer Slaw and Mrs skreef's famous Cornbread muffin tops. 

ojrv3.thumb.jpg.da5192d9385c227e756befb05d77a710.jpg

ojrv4.thumb.jpg.991a0263d41ade1e2c8d404c95c12e8d.jpg

Tuesday we went off to the beach then came back and went out for all you can eat blue crabs. Later that evening we had fresh Blueberry Cobbler 

ojrv5.thumb.jpg.8ef7168afff62cf04cafae1cb12a5cd2.jpg

ojrv6.thumb.jpg.1114f011bad307eb014671f178d82be0.jpg

The Oval Jr was easy enough to transport and didn't take up too much room in the car. We have a pretty full schedule for the next couple of days so that's all the action he'll see. Very pleased with the Oval Jr as my new vacation kamado 

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, Tyrus said:

DON'T leave home without it. Like the credit card

I totally agree. I've been taking a Jr sized kamado on vacation for a few years now.

Unfortunately even the 16" KK is just a bit heavy to be lugging around. For ceramic grills Primo's are top quality and this GO setup is easy enough to transport. With its 1/2 oval deflectors, main grates and upper grates it is very versatile. Couldn't be happier with the purchase for a vacation kamado. 

I do think one vacation I'm going to take my konro grill. Not as versitle but plenty of fun. 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2019 at 7:46 AM, ckreef said:

Very pleased with the Oval Jr as my new vacation kamado 

The Oval Jr. was my first kamado.  For a small cooker it does a great job with two zone cooking.  Gave it to my son-in-law and it is still going strong.   

They came out with the carrying rack after I gave it to him................he might have gotten the Acorn Jr. instead, if the timing was different :-D

• Like 1