What's a leftover?

CoCo Pallet Share Fairfield County Ct

Morgan...With only 20 boxes between us, and residential delivery (no loading dock) the cost gets too high. In the past I've been involved in shares where one person had a loading dock and several people shared a fuller pallet. Worked out reasonably well.

If someone else chimes in with commercial delivery possible, I'd still be interested. I live in Darien, Ct.

Depending on the trucking company or forwarder, we maybe able to have it delivered to the terminal and then unload them there. I agree it would be great to have a few more people to get a full skid/pallet of 40 boxes. I ordered 3 pallets years ago and got stuck with a whole skid when some people backed out and i had a loading dock then. We should figure out the payment plan too- maybe we can send the monies to CA as a group for the shipment as individual payments.  I’m  going to ask someone i know in Bridgeport CT area if we can use their loading dock.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:22 AM, What's a leftover? said:

Would be interested in a pallet share in SW Ct, Westchester County, Northern NJ. Do not have access to loading dock or forklift. Would drive up to 2 hours to meet.

Only looking for 10-15 boxes personally.

Holt

A bit premature for me (our 21” Supreme is aboard ship 2+ weeks out of LA) but down the road I’d be interested in sharing a pallet order. No idea yet what our usage rate might be, and thus how many boxes I could take. I do have loading dock access at work, and drive a half ton pickup w/ 8’ bed. Located on Cape Cod. 

so we have 20. the boxes of charcoal doesn't go bad so if John T goes for 10 boxes then we have 30. if you are like me who grills or smokes all year round at least 3 days a week, thats using 4-1/4 lbs a week x 52= 220lbs or 10 boxes. however to be on the conservative side you will have enough for 1.5 yrs and its a lot cheaper doing it by the skid vs 1 box with shipping is close to 50-60 bucks. just saying

Hi all -

I live in Fairfield County, too, and am about to order a 32"BB (for which I'm very excited. I'm trying to figure out how much coco char and coffee wood splits/chunks to order. To that end, I ask...

1) How many cooks (I know, they all differ) do you get out of a box of coco char? Or how many pounds do you go through in a year?

2) Same question for coffee wood?

3) Since I have a delivery coming anyway, does anyone want me to throw any more boxes onto my delivery?

I can't wait to join the club and start cooking and learning!

• Like 1

Best advice = load up that pallet with as many boxes of cocochar and coffee wood charcoal as it will hold. Cheapest shipping cost you will ever get. 

I have a tendency to "hoard" my cocochar and only use it on very long cooks - butts & briskets. So a box will last me quite a long time. YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1