2Club

I need help

2Club I reckon a great fathers day meal is a french classic, Coq au vin. https://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/18656/coq-au-vin

This is one variation of the meal. You will find others online.

The key musts are: 

MUST USE ROOSTER, NOT HENS. They have a gamey, stronger flavour and need a long cook as they can be a bit tougher. Chook livers are sensational, tender, not as strong as lambs fry and beef liver.

MUST USE LOTS OF RED WINE. Not just as a marinade, this forms the main part of the sauce.

MUST USE GARLIC. Preferably whole cloves.

I've cooked this once before in the imposter, turned out sensational, however, classically french and very rich flavour. 

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but hey, it's FATHERS DAY.

5 hours ago, Basher said:

2Club I reckon a great fathers day meal is a french classic, Coq au vin. https://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/18656/coq-au-vin

This is one variation of the meal. You will find others online.

The key musts are: 

MUST USE ROOSTER, NOT HENS. They have a gamey, stronger flavour and need a long cook as they can be a bit tougher. Chook livers are sensational, tender, not as strong as lambs fry and beef liver.

MUST USE LOTS OF RED WINE. Not just as a marinade, this forms the main part of the sauce.

MUST USE GARLIC. Preferably whole cloves.

I've cooked this once before in the imposter, turned out sensational, however, classically french and very rich flavour. 

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but hey, it's FATHERS DAY.

This looks great for a cool fall day.  will save.  Thanks