Scottishhammer

This forum is awesome..help on decisions

I've read a lot of reviews and I know the mantra is go bigger if you can afford it, so I'm in the process of gaining the approval from my wife for the 32BB which should just take another couple of conversations...she's not sure why we need the bigger one (I should have started with 42 SBB but my negotiating styles are not on point apparently).    So the question I need a little assistance with, unless others want to talk me out of the 32, is what accessories are a must have?  I'm moving to a new home  in a few weeks and it has a nice entertaining back yard but the deck is pretty straight forward and simple, so a blank slate.  

I know this question is likely a question for Dennis but since I've been primarily stalking the forum versus asking questions, I wanted to ask what is the typical delivery time...I know that will depend on which grill I end up choosing.  I'm considering the Cobalt Blue pebble or Matte Black pebble.   They both look so good, that may be the toughest decision.

Any suggestions on accessories would be appreciated and anything else you think a new owner of a KK should know would be great.

Thanks all!

Load up your shipping crate with as much Coco and Coffee lump as it will hold. The cheapest shipping you'll ever get on it. 

I own a 23", so I'm not familiar with what's "standard" on a 32BB?  If it doesn't come with the charcoal basket splitter - it's a MUST HAVE. Second MacKenzie on the rotisserie (rod & basket) and the pizza stone - both are MUST HAVES in my book. If you think you'd like to do a lot of cold smoking, the new smoker attachment is a NICE-TO-HAVE. 

Oh, and go out and buy a new bigger belt, you're gonna need it pretty soon! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi there and welcome @Scottishhammer.  I wouldn't talk you out of the 32 unless I could talk you into getting two KKs instead.  There is great versatility in having two KKs and I am very happy with my 21 and 23.  Maybe you could sneak in a 16 alongside a 23 or 32 if Dennis still has the 16 available for sale?

Accessories.  I have not yet tried my hot/cold smoker but I get the feeling it could be a game changer for me.  Having the ability to pump in smoke when you want it and for as long as you want it is making me giddy with excitement.  Just waiting for The Husband to come back from NYC with my Lumberjack pellets in tow.  I would say the smoker is NOT optional.

If you get a 23 then an upper rear grate is a must to go with your charcoal basket splitter for two zone cooking.  My favourite non-Dennis toys are my welder's torch and mini leaf blower for starting fires.  I was never in the girl guides and was no good at fire, until now.