Let us know what you think? I tend to shy away from the big company commercial rubs, like McCormick, as they tend to have more salt and sugar in them that "craft" versions and I wonder what quality of spices they are using, as well. A good way for them to use up the bits and pieces of the herbs and spices they sell individually, especially if they are getting a bit older. Easy to hide them in a spice blend. 

• Like 1

Let us know what you think? I tend to shy away from the big company commercial rubs, like McCormick, as they tend to have more salt and sugar in them that "craft" versions and I wonder what quality of spices they are using, as well. A good way for them to use up the bits and pieces of the herbs and spices they sell individually, especially if they are getting a bit older. Easy to hide them in a spice blend. 
I've tried our local Grill Mates and found them to be pretty good even sent ckreef some like Bush Lamb. We got a new supermarket from Germany called Aldi rock up down here and they do specials on all sorts of things this time they had an American theme.3e8be019ddb9381242da3aaf6be641bc.jpg.but was surprised to see the lableing that it was packaged here.931b6f8cf6ccd9e887831354dda8edf3.jpg. 29d03c7666df3a3ab3b597fbaa1d1c22.jpg. Will test them out.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Heck Yea. You know I'm a fan of Grill Mates. McCormick sells a lot of spices world wide so I doubt it's leftover anything. I use Grill Mates individual packages on a regular basis. 

#AlittleJealous 

Going from the others I've tried I thought why not

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Stubb's, Sweet Baby Ray's, Frank's Red Hot (not fond of it but most of America is), French's Fried onions (we use them for a lot of stuff), Grill Mates. 

They did a pretty good job with some American classics. 

P. S. Used some Bush Lamb last night B)

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 1

For a quick marinade try the Grill mates spice blend pkg's. Oil, water and contents are a quick fix if your in a pinch. They used to be 50 cents and as I remember the longer you left them in the mix the more intense the flavor obviously, to a point. With popularity and time they have increased in price and most times I overlook them at the grocers today but, once in a while I re:discover them, as the other day. Had some on steak tips and nostalgia came roaring back. Grill mates.......makes you think with "mates" on the headline if the headquarters are really in AU

• Like 1

With them being packaged Down Under, they might be a bit fresher than being shipped from over here. 

Aldi's are blowing up world wide! Even Cedar Rapids has 3 and the oldest ones both got a face-lift last year. The newest one just opened in the old Fresh Market - given my druthers, I'd rather have the Fresh Market! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tony b said:

With them being packaged Down Under, they might be a bit fresher than being shipped from over here. 

Aldi's are blowing up world wide! Even Cedar Rapids has 3 and the oldest ones both got a face-lift last year. The newest one just opened in the old Fresh Market - given my druthers, I'd rather have the Fresh Market! 

The Aldi's where I live is the crap grocery store of all time. Now Fresh Market, that's an entirely different story. My wallet usually can't handle a trip to Fresh Market. 

• Like 1

I think Aldi's is a weird store - with the mashup of being a grocery store and a hardware store? I agree, I'd much rather trade this new Aldi's for the old Fresh Market any day! They carried both my Dukes mayo and Michaels of Brooklyn pasta sauces. And had by far, the best quality seafood in this area. But, without a regional distribution center, they just couldn't make a go of it out here. 

• Like 1