No, wasn't on Dune chasing worms but drove to Bass Pro Shops for a quarterly restock on some rubs. Location in Foxborough, Ma with a great supply of outdoor, camping, fishing etc supplies to keep you tidy. Went right to the spice dept and found that there regular selection diminished from the last visit but I found these to keep things going. Added were a couple of snaps inside showing only a fraction of it's offering and right next door was the stadium where banner #6 will rise in September. Great BBQ history in these parking lots.

DSCF2357.JPG

DSCF2360.JPG

DSCF2362.JPG

DSCF2366.JPG

• Like 3

It's amazing to me to see the growth of Bass Pro Shops. When I was in college in Springfield, Missouri in the early 1970s, the first "Bass Pro Shop" was a small window in the back of one of the Brown Derby liquor stores. You slid your written order through the window and the clerk eventually came back with your items (basically just baits at that time) in a paper sack. Eventually they opened a separate store and catalog function and never looked back.

Interesting they still label some of the rubs as Cabelas. Cross marketing, I guess. We still have both brand stores around Kansas City. 

• Like 1

Bass Pro bought out Cabella's and so the name is being integrated into it's store. At the time both names remain separate on buildings at store sites, what the future holds is anyones guess. Worms in a paper bag???,,we all begin somewhere

Bass Pro continues to grow because it’s privately owned. Cabela’s mistake was it went public and the board and shareholders drove the company into the ground (like Dell once Mike sold it, then bought it back for next to nothing and it’s becoming profitable again). BPS bought Cab for a next to nothing and is continuing to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonj said:

You might call them artificial lures...  It's all just bait in the Ozarks.

Hey, Tom Sawyer if your thinkin of fishin down in the Ozarks you better pack a extra pair of sneakers and keep those worms on ice, seems ta me that's quite a hike. Looks like a good fishin hole

2 hours ago, SSgt93 said:

Bass Pro continues to grow because it’s privately owned. Cabela’s mistake was it went public and the board and shareholders drove the company into the ground (like Dell once Mike sold it, then bought it back for next to nothing and it’s becoming profitable again). BPS bought Cab for a next to nothing and is continuing to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you keep up on your stocks and business and I hope if you do they all pan out for you. Not me, I only bet on sure things, dogs, horses and against Tekebo. Great day Sarge........Hoorah

• Like 1
  • Haha 1