Tyrus

Baked Stuffed Cod

The wife went to the store and bought 4lbs of Cod, I like Cod but 4lbs is um, a bit. Fired up the KK to around 300+ and placed the tray in to cook. Used the Rub some Fish and a little Old Bay on them with a good addition of stuffing over the top. Tow sides, one baked was Acorn squash with basil, celery salt and dry chipped onion wrapped in foil  at 300. Spinach with caramelized onion was the other. Checked the freezer for old forgotten fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,no luck Mac.

DSCF2370.JPG

DSCF2372.JPG

DSCF2374.JPG

• Like 7

Ckreef, if you make it use a torch at the end to finish up the stuffing for presentation, the KK holds the moisture which is great for fish cooks and the stuffing dries a little however a little torch is a good finish.  Used apple wood wrapped in foil for smoke with a deflector.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

So Tyrus did you eat 2 lbs of cod?  That’s a really nice looking cook. 

There were 3 of us and we had leftovers that left the house in a container. Make it every so often, definitely a keeper

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tony b said:

I'd eat that! 

Well Toney, seafood by the sea is always a plus and does help with a great meal. I'm sure beef in your area is remarkable. The trade-off to which is better hasn't been determined, unless your name is Mackenzie.

I've tried many of the classic heritage breeds - they are all excellent - NOT your other white meat! We have a local butcher shop that specializes in these breeds, along with higher quality beef and the owner raises the lambs. It doesn't get much better than that! 

• Like 1