Tyrus

Salmon n' Sausage a roundabout

Two miles from my home unbeknownst to me a Sausage factory exists, a small house you would pass on this country road if you weren't looking. Set aside of it was a large shed occupying the business end and I stopped in and picked a provolone basil sausage to go along with a Sockeye salmon I chose at another market. The woman inside had various flavors of sausages and was in business since 1986. She was presently cooking ribs on a 250 Gallon old oil tank outside of the shed and that was split to open having an attached wood stove vented in. The cooker was covered by a nice old large shed roof with a detachable assembly  for the the smoke stack. She offered a Sweet Italian sausage with stewed tomatoes but was all out, tomorrow we'll return to purchase that item. Didn't have my camera to shoot the cooker but tomorrow I'll remember and post it's unique figure. Her Dad started the business, she keeps it going. Two miles as the crow flies, 5 miles through winding roads for me, that is why I never found it.

DSCF2382.JPG

DSCF2384.JPG

DSCF2388.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Tyrus, that looks like a feast. :smt060

If you look on one end red, a lobster, blue, a crab and shrimp between. Artist drawn and found at a antique store. You see I sometime drop one on occasion and the wife although is slow to anger I always replace with a better piece. This can't go on indefinitely.

• Haha 3

So as promised, pictures of the place. This place is definitely going to be a keeper for sausage night or those special guests. She had quite the selection of sausages obviously but, inclusive were things like candied jalapenos, chilli with 5 local contest trophy's for it on display, bangers, bratwurst, ribs, pulled pork southern style and a variety of marinated meats. Inside the small shop a wood stove sat in corner for winter heat and the inside was all dressed in old knotty pine as well as the floor. A picture of the cooker shows a 250-300 gallon oil tank one would have kept in there cellar as heating fuel storage tank. With the advent of LPG and natural gas piping many converted for it's cleanliness and convenience and some storage tanks were lucky enough to end up as bbq cookers. As I looked out her business window I couldn't help and comment to her from seeing the plants on her back deck how well her marijuana plants were doing. She smiled,..... and assured me they were not in the sausage. I said, you never know...could be a big seller. The splitting area for wood was right out of a magazine, wood stacked under a shed roof quite a distance and about 7feet tall with a number of rows, all oak, white and red. The place just reeked BBQ ambience. So here it is, not the greatest photographer so excuse the lack of detail in quality

DSCF2398.JPG

DSCF2391.JPG

DSCF2397.JPG

DSCF2390.JPG

DSCF2389.JPG

DSCF2392.JPG

DSCF2393.JPG

DSCF2394.JPG

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Basher said:

Love it Tyrus.

How long have you been neighbours?

About 8 years for me now. Unfortunately, I don't head in that direction when I venture out because the road system is a little long. Definitely on the radar now

• Like 1

Was kind of obvious Toney, that leaf has a distinctive form. She smiled, and began to instruct me on cultivation. AS far as Florida is concerned let me tell the boat a ya, Guess whom the best customers are for this particular herb in the sunshine state, that's right, works on glaucoma, arthritis, relaxes you while your driving and I even heard it's great on brisket. You realize I'm only kidding right, not sure about the brisket...it's what I read in Mad Magazine but, everything else is Gospel. Honest Injun

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish I had a place like that  down the street from me.  It looks so rustic and homey.  Alas I live in a town of a population of 240,000 and If they keep building  The apartments and condominiums like they have been we will have a population of over 300,000. The city council  this is definitely  defacing the beauty of Fremont. Oooops sorry about my rant.

Tyrus I’m guessing the sausage was delicious? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

I wish I had a place like that  down the street from me.  It looks so rustic and homey.  Alas I live in a town of a population of 240,000 and If they keep building  The apartments and condominiums like they have been we will have a population of over 300,000. The city council  this is definitely  defacing the beauty of Fremont. Oooops sorry about my rant.

Tyrus I’m guessing the sausage was delicious? 

They were real good Bruce, much better than the market. Funny story Bruce while I got you here. This morning I let the dogs out and they bee lined right for the garden and shed area and began sniffing intently. I inspected the garden and found my cucumbers that were climbing up the fence devoured. I suspected a woodchuck done me in and I had the trap to do him in. The trap was set with celery, one of Ckreef's cherries and a slice of red pepper and then left the house for about three hours on errands. Came back and there he was sitting pretty in the trap if my name ain't Jerimiah Johnson and all the food was gone. So I decided we needed to take a ride down some lonely dark country road...............nah I didn't kill him, just moved him into a new neighborhood. The next time this happens and I trap his big brother I was thinking,, Mac lives in the boonies, it could make a good cook, maybe she'll share one of her woodchuck recipes. You know up thare in Nova Scotia they don't waste a thing

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3