Pequod

23” Ultimate For Sale in Northern Virginia

Note the "No Shmucks" clause in my Craigslist posting. I'm thinking I might need a qualifying quiz for prospective buyers before I let them take it.

1. What is a reverse sear?

2. What is a chook?

3. What is "the stall"?

4. Lump or briquettes?

5. What is two-zone cooking?

Must score 100% or you are, in fact, a shmuck. <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, Pequod said:

Note the "No Shmucks" clause in my Craigslist posting. I'm thinking I might need a qualifying quiz for prospective buyers before I let them take it.

1. What is a reverse sear?

2. What is a chook?

3. What is "the stall"?

4. Lump or briquettes?

5. What is two-zone cooking?

Must score 100% or you are, in fact, a shmuck. <_<

Before I started on my KK journey and joined this forum, the only item on the list that I knew was no 2 and that was because I had lived in Australia.  @PequodI'll bet that you didn't know what a chook was until the likes of @Aussie Ora you to the term.  Thinking we are all schmucks until we are not.  8-)

Edited by tekobo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tekobo said:

Before I started on my KK journey and joined this forum, the only item on the list that I knew was no 2 and that was because I had lived in Australia.  @PequodI'll bet that you didn't know what a chook was until the likes of @Aussie Ora you to the term.  Thinking we are all schmucks until we are not.  8-)

True. I should replace that question with, “what is purple crack?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Once they pass the quick Q+A, how about an essay question, something like:

Compare and contrast the effects of direct and indirect cooking with a focus on conduction, convection, and radiation. 

Bonus points awarded for calculating the heat transfer rate in each scenario. Be sure to show your calculations for each including full formulas used to derive answers.

Granted, they can bypass all of this if they know the secret phrase “I have cash and will pay the full asking price!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, bgrant3406 said:

Once they pass the quick Q+A, how about an essay question, something like:

Compare and contrast the effects of direct and indirect cooking with a focus on conduction, convection, and radiation. 

Bonus points awarded for calculating the heat transfer rate in each scenario. Be sure to show your calculations for each including full formulas used to derive answers.

Granted, they can bypass all of this if they know the secret phrase “I have cash and will pay the full asking price!”

Brilliant!

Some feelers but no takers. Will let this go for another two weeks or so, after which I’ll consider putting up the 32 as well. If I sell one, I’ll keep the other. If I sell both, that works too. If I sell none, they come with and get sold in the new location.

I have been asked whether I would sell the 32 alone. I've pondered and decided I will not. However, I am considering selling both together, along with the load of charcoal I still have. IF I decided to sell, the whole lot would go for $12,000. Still pondering whether there is any cheap and/or easy way to move these beasts. Would need a lift gate truck and a bunch of burly types to schlep them around. And then those burly folk would need to follow me 2-1/2 hours to my new home. Hmmmm.

This includes (prices for new in the right column):

image.png.7f7ae3848b9b4567707a004e9859e538.png

image.png.007d68aa0262323d3c1db4c237ce18b8.png

and 20 boxes of coffee char + 5 boxes of coco char.

27 minutes ago, Pequod said:

I have been asked whether I would sell the 32 alone. I've pondered and decided I will not. However, I am considering selling both together, along with the load of charcoal I still have. IF I decided to sell, the whole lot would go for $12,000. Still pondering whether there is any cheap and/or easy way to move these beasts. Would need a lift gate truck and a bunch of burly types to schlep them around. And then those burly folk would need to follow me 2-1/2 hours to my new home. Hmmmm.

This includes (prices for new in the right column):

image.png.7f7ae3848b9b4567707a004e9859e538.png

image.png.007d68aa0262323d3c1db4c237ce18b8.png

and 20 boxes of coffee char + 5 boxes of coco char.

You're going to be KK free @Pequod?

Or are you waiting until the new house is built to accessorise your new pebble 32 with the view?

• Haha 3