Pequod

23” Ultimate For Sale in Northern Virginia

At this point, the most likely outcome is that I move both and then assess from there. One factor is that I’ll be living extremely close to Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, THE Appalachian Trail, Shenandoah National Park, etc. I just *might* want something more portable like a PK360 which is also a good size for day to day home use for two people. So...love my KK’s, but I could see a scenario where I don’t have even one.

• Sad 4

On 8/6/2019 at 7:34 AM, Pequod said:

At this point, the most likely outcome is that I move both and then assess from there. One factor is that I’ll be living extremely close to Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, THE Appalachian Trail, Shenandoah National Park, etc. I just *might* want something more portable like a PK360 which is also a good size for day to day home use for two people. So...love my KK’s, but I could see a scenario where I don’t have even one.

I have a PK360 and it is a fun grill.  My dad had an ol' school PK and it is still alive after 45+ years of use and in the hands of a cousin .  I use mine mostly for high heat quick cooks - grilling steaks, chops and the like.  

I am thinking of adding a KK now to round out my collection including the PK and several other grills.  Wish I were closer to you and I might take one of yours off your hands.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alphonse said:

I have a PK360 and it is a fun grill.  My dad had an ol' school PK and it is still alive after 45+ years of use and in the hands of a cousin .  I use mine mostly for high heat quick cooks - grilling steaks, chops and the like.  

I am thinking of adding a KK now to round out my collection including the PK and several other grills.  Wish I were closer to you and I might take one of yours off your hands.

I've thought about a PK many times in the past because I like grilled food more than I like smoked food. I ended up with a Nuke Delta Argentine style grill which uses wood and not charcoal. Wood gives a much better flavor to grilled food than charcoal. Of course you could use wood in a PK it would just take a bit more planning. 

12 hours ago, ckreef said:

I've thought about a PK many times in the past because I like grilled food more than I like smoked food. I ended up with a Nuke Delta Argentine style grill which uses wood and not charcoal. Wood gives a much better flavor to grilled food than charcoal. Of course you could use wood in a PK it would just take a bit more planning. 

Yep, I just use "hot" lump in a basket on the PK.  Using wood in it would be too much trouble and time for someone as lazy as me!  

Meanwhile, wishing Pequod the best in sorting his future with his KK's.