Scott.W

1 Year and no regrets!

11bcef402e7e1e995bec911d4de56f9f.jpgda267f394e8b2d520fa55d720288bdec.jpg8ccd668a5d03f90cc548cbb921c4c360.jpg3a5c2c3d6a32992f9f8226d8a6011f38.jpg

I had an outdoor kitchen built and I am not kidding I wish I didn’t have my gas grill. I use the Evo for breakfast and Komodo every weekend. No regrets whatsoever! Worth every penny in fact my wife’s cousin who bought my old KJ is considering switching! I haven’t quite nailed down my pizza yet. I think I have to heat soak the stone some more. Suggestions?

Oh yea the power burner is for brewing beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Scott.W said:

I haven’t quite nailed down my pizza yet. I think I have to heat soak the stone some more. Suggestions?

Those steaks look gorgeous, cooked pretty much how I'd like them.   Ref your pizza challenges - any more details?  I am sure the pizza afficionados on the forum would be happy to help if they knew which of the 100 wrong turns you might have taken.  Trust me, I have tried at least 25% of those wrong turns!

Nice looking kitchen!

When I was building my ODK, I went to a local dealer and he asked me what kind of gas grill I was putting in. I told him I wasn't and he said I was the first person he had ever heard of that built an outdoor kitchen without it. :)

The Evo and the KK make a great combo and I wouldn't ever want to be without either.

My pizza crust did not bubble like it typically does. The toppings where melted  and cooked but the crust was just eh. I’m using the KK tomorrow night. I was using my oven with a temp of about 550 and it came out great. The EVO does a pretty good job at making pizza but you have to precook the dough which to me is cheating and not authentic. 

I have brewed off on on for five years. Have two young ones so it put things on hold. 

Yea I told the local builder I didn’t want a gas grill. I think I have only used the thing three or four times since I got it. I wish I put a second power burner instead. 

10 hours ago, Troble said:

Scott

im in the process of designing my outdoor kitchen and considering not getting a gas grill..excuse my ignorance but what is the Evo? What do you cook on it?

The EVO is basically a 30" diameter griddle. It is great for putting a sear on a steak, anything breakfast, kebabs, stir fry, fish, and on and on. I use mine quite a bit.