Jman

Rotisserie setup

Hi there,

first time setting up the rotisserie. Just making sure I’m not missing something obvious.

the rotisseri seems to fit fine I study the KK. But I’m having issues attaching the motor and  attachment seems too long OR this motors socket isn’t deep enough.

Also - there’s a stainless steel pointy bit - im

mot sure when u use that and unscrew the other....

E2363FA7-CAE5-4684-B408-FF467D2BD4CB.jpeg

95654622-C05E-4C09-82F8-45BBB988DF68.jpeg

72D75127-9B35-49F1-9B11-54F9FF5EC294.jpeg

93D541BF-AD5A-4A21-893B-AD4A951FA71E.jpeg

CF0BD9D2-4BFD-4C43-86E0-A7271E88AE17.jpeg

Hi @Jman.  Slightly hit and miss but the attached thread documents mine (and other's) journey with setting up their rotisseries.  Quick answer to your questions:  

Q: But I’m having issues attaching the motor and  attachment seems too long OR this motors socket isn’t deep enough.

A:  Motors vary so Dennis sends out a standard length that has to be cut to suit your motor

Q: Also - there’s a stainless steel pointy bit - im mot sure when u use that and unscrew the other....

A: That's for screwing on, temporarily, if you need to push the rod through your meat.  You take it off again before fitting the rod in your KK.

Q: Assuming it’s the motor - any tips for one which will work with 240 volts in Australia would be great

A: You will likely need to cut the rod to fit any motor.  If you are looking for another motor I have used this Only Fire motor in the UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072HPVRTB/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_qftrDbEV6CN26  

Have fun!

Edited by tekobo
  • Like 1

Cutting will work however, for a precise fit a bench grinder {circular grinding stone } removes the steel slowly allowing you to go back and forth and work the piece for a just right fit. If you cut make sure the mark is correct...you don't want to remove too much stock

Edited by Tyrus

11 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Cutting will work however, for a precise fit a bench grinder {circular grinding stone } removes the steel slowly allowing you to go back and forth and work the piece for a just right fit. If you cut make sure the mark is correct...you don't want to remove too much stock

I can remember this, it seemed like a mile from the garage to the ODK, it took trip after trip after trip but it does allow you to get just the fit you want. :) 

@MacKenzie and @Tyrus are right.  We did cut our rod and I am not totally sure that it shouldn't be a little longer but too late to change that.  I recently asked Dennis for some extra rods because I have bought a new motor.  Might try the grinding method this time around.  

This is not the right route to contact @DennisLinkletter, I know, but just in case he is reading this: it would be good to ship accessories like the rotisserrie and the smoker with a photo of the assembled product and/or the steps in between. They are awesome pieces of kit but I spent ages fearing and not using them until I finally got around to finding the relevant information on the forum.  Much better to be able to get on and use them quickly out of the box using instructions from the maker.  

• Like 1