lemisfits

I must be the problem

Can you guys help me?

I can't seem to get a hot fire going above 350. 

I tried out my new shipment of cocochar, I lit a full chimney of unburnt lump charcoal from my last cook and poured it on top of the cocochar.

I even used a blow dryer to stoke the fire, but it never got above 400 before going down to 350.

I even shopvacced ever before lighting.

Please help.

I really want to get a blazing fire to try to make pizza.

IMG_20190803_143908.jpg

Edited by lemisfits

As it's all about the airflow, I'm guessing the lump from before contained lots of smalls which settled between the coco logs and cut off your airflow. 
When doing high temp/pizza cooks I always use only larger pieces of lump and leave the coco logs about 4".   If this ever happens you can always use something to dig thru towards the bottom and get more airflow. 

Next time you are stuck, try calling me..  Happy to help if I'm up, you'll get voicemail if I'm on another call or asleep. 

I'm online taking calls and chatting pretty much every day from 1 pm to 5-6pm EST.    424 270-1948

• Like 1

Lemisfits

I always break my extruded into halfs or thirds and stand them upright so all holes in center are vertical.

When re-using a basket of previously burnt lump, I dump it onto a unopened plastic trash bag (as a drop cloth) and pick out the bigger pieces to re-use.

this has always worked very well for me doing all ranges of temps.

• Like 1